Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
    I think they are trying every method threy can in attempting to get the population control that they are looking for. I don't recall a time when the available number of tags were used.

If tags are not being all used up they should up the numbers and require 2 does b4 any buck like Granger. Most will shoot the 1 doe then just wait for a buck and thats not helping the numbers like they want. I say this because i remember reading a few years back buck tags went too fast and guys complaining they were being "wasted" on spikes vs nice bucks.

They could also open more spots maybe 150 vs 100

Comment

I have hunted Georgetown 6+ years in a row, just quit 2 years ago since I have a private land to hunt.

But, I do agree with Dave. Lake Georgetown does not lack of deer. Most hunters compete the "easy" access spots. But, if you want to be a continuous success hunter, you should not rely on those good and easy access spots. I believe those success hunters should have more than one spots to go and most of the spots would not be so crowd, otherwise there would be too many unpredictable facts to impact the result, it would be very hard to duplicate the success every year.

When I hunted at Lake Georgetown, I can always manage 1+ deer each year depending on how hard I hunt. To take a doe was not a problem. One of my buddies had more time in the field than me, he managed 6-7 deer a year. Ours spots were not "easy" to access or not look "good" by others. Almost no one else competed to me. I never worry about to lose my spot. My more worrying was to pull 300lb equipment/corn into deep wood and get them set up under triple-digit degree in August :P
      Last edited by cy100; 07-11-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Draw is on the 17th at 1:00 pm

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          Draw is on the 17th at 1:00 pm
          You going Manny?

Comment

I think I may kill some time between meetings and be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I might make it

Comment

I thought everyone was given the go ahead to pick their spot last year after the draw-i.e. exempts and newly drawn hunters had the same opportunity once they got the email confirmation.it prevented the mass exodus scramble to get out of the parking lot and in position after orientation. Exempts just had the chance to confirm reading the rules via email rather than going to orientation. We didn't have to turn in coordinates last year either. I guess we will see next week...

Comment

The draw is postponed until July 18 at 1 o'clock due to schedule conflict

Comment

I'm considering taking off for the draw tomorrow, do they announce the drawn names, or do they have a list of the names posted after the draw so as to not have to wait until next Tuesday to find out

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                      The draw is postponed until July 18 at 1 o'clock due to schedule conflict
                      Be advised

Comment

One of my buddies shared same email with me. I haven't received that communication.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                          One of my buddies shared same email with me. I haven't received that communication.

I got the same email. Did you get the email saying they got your app?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                            I got the same email. Did you get the email saying they got your app?
                            I did. But no big deal.

Comment

To all who did not receive that email. I checked my spam and it is in there.

Comment

Anybody going to the draw

Comment

Working...
                                X