Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Bearded Tom Green Tom and P&Y Whitetail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Bearded Tom Green Tom and P&Y Whitetail!

Posting this for one of my deer lease members, aka thearrower on TBH. We'll get his pic posting abilities fine tuned here eventually. Congrats Randall on a helluva bird!!

Harvested this Gobbler this afternoon with my Mathews Switchback XT Bow and a Rage Broadhead. The turkey had 2 beards....one over 8" long and the other over 9" long. Both beards were pretty thick for a West Texas bird. This is the first time I have even seen a turkey with 2 comparable large beards growing out separately from each other. The only ones I have seen before have had one large one and one small thin one. He also had a 1 3/4 inch spur on one side and over a 1 1/2 inch spur on the other....probably a 3 year old bird. He weighed 19.48 lbs. To say I am thrilled is an understatement!

Randall's done for the year with an 8", a 9", a 12" and now 17"s of beard all with his bow!... . We don't call him "Killa" for nothing! Looks like this bird will score right around 86-87" NWTF. It'll be officially scored tomorrow by his taxi....

beards

spurs

Randall also shot and killed a Pope and Young deer this past season we called "Sneaky 10" because of his unique ability to show up and be caught on camera at a vacant blind when others were hunting different places. He made one mistake and it cost him.......Official P&Y score 138 4/8 gross....net 130 5/8 .....

Here are those pics including his great pedestal mount with P&Y certificate framed and included in the mount....Willicke Taxidermy in San Angelo did the work

helluva season my friend..congrats to thearrower...and take it easy on my deer next year since we're now neighbors.....

Wow! Great stuff. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

nice congrats

Comment

CONGRATS ON THE DOUBLE BEARDED TOM AND THE P & Y BUCK.

Comment

congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

good stuff, thanks for sharing

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Very Nice... Congrats arrower!!!!

Comment

Two birds with a bow, and a Pope & Young to boot, that's a great season!!!!!!!

I really like the pedestal mount.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by badger16 View Post
                          Two birds with a bow, and a Pope & Young to boot, that's a great season!!!!!!!

I really like the pedestal mount.

Badger....he actually killed 4 toms with his bow this season....8, 9, 12 and 17"....

Comment

Thanks guys and thanks to Jason for posting the pictures. I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunities this past year. I am going to have to learn how to post the pictures myself...... I am old and just not very accomplished at using computers or any electronics to their full capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Badger....he actually killed 4 toms with his bow this season....8, 9, 12 and 17"....
                              wow...17"! Thats awsome! Congrats to him!

Comment

Working...
                              X