Ohio Guy With Some South Tx Hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio Guy With Some South Tx Hogs

I was referred here by a good guy name Roscoe, now I can't seem to leave this place. I figured I might as well share a few of my hunt pics from Gods Country......TEXAS! Not the best pics, as I didn't have a digital camera back then.

The badger pic has a short story, and is why I choose that for a nickname. It does invlove Buck Medley! I'll be happy to share it sometime.

looks target rich

Comment

Nice Pics. You went hunting with The Buck Medley

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
          Nice Pics. You went hunting with The Buck Medley
          That's funny how you all call him "The" Buck Medley!

Yes, I've hunted with him.

The guy with the javie is from Wisconsin, and you can see Buck in the background doing his guiding thing.

Here's a few more of me on the ranch.

This one I pulled from cam corder footage, the white on the lead hog is my fletch about to take spine

My first double on Javelina. I shot these two javies within minutes of each other, recovered them, killed a rattlesnake on my way to my hog blind, then killed a hog!

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Comment

A pig dead is a family fed!

Comment

nice pics, congrats

Comment

Welcome to the green screen!!!!! Looks like some really good times in the pic's too, thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Welcome, congrats, & thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait for the "badger" story.

Comment

Welcome, Ohio. Good pic's.

Comment

Happy hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        Welcome, congrats, & thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait for the "badger" story.

I put this in the fire as well under the nickname thread.

Here goes.........

For an Ohio guy I've done alot of hoghunting in South Texas with my bow. Well, the third year down there, a buddy of mine from San Antonio(Buck) shot a badger with his bow. The ranch staff said it was the first badger shot on that ranch in the fifteen years that they had held the hunt (The Shootout) I was blown away, as I didn't even know there were badgers there, let alone that we were aloud to shoot them. The following day, my buddy and I made an unsuccessful stalk on a bunch of javelinas. We turned around and started walking back towards the truck, and we both looked up in time to see a badger run across the sendero ahead of us. We both looked at each other and shook our heads in amazement. We never told a soul, thinking people would think we were full of bull, and just trying to take the limelight away from our buddy.

The following year we hunted the same pasture on the ranch. On the last day of the hunt, I was dropped off at a good sendero for javelina. I also had seen some nice feral hogs in the area. I walked down to a ground blind I had cut in the cactus, and sat down to cool off. I hadn't been there but a few minutes when a lone boar javelina left the safety of the cactus, and mosquite to feed on the corn I had out. Luck would have it that he fed away from my blind, and not towards me. The good thing was he was feeding straight into the wind, giving me a perfect stalking opportunity. I left the blind and went after him. After about a thirty minute stalk, I had closed within range. As if on cue, he turned from straight away to a nice quartering away shot. I managed to get to half draw when movement in the cactus caught my eye. There in a small opening I could see a badger making his way through the thick bush! (keep in mind, I'm an Ohio guy that at that point had only seen one live badger, and one dead one)
                        It was all I could do to finish drawing, and get my pin on the badger instead of the javelina. I shot, and couldn't beleive my eyes when my arrow found it's mark and slammed that guy! He did a quick spin and made it all of fifteen yards before he was done! I had just killed the second badger on that ranch in the sixteen year history of the hunt!

Hence the nickname badger16!

Comment

Congradulations! Nice pics! I gotta say, that's the first time I've seen a javelina on the back of a bike... nice touch, and will keep the fleas off of your back. Congrats!

Comment

Stick'em all,cool pics.

Comment

congrats and nice pigs

Comment

Working...
                              X