Double L = Double Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double L = Double Pork

A buddy and I went to Doube L Ranch fr the first time last night. When we arrived, we were greeted by Pops and his family. Very nice people. Everyone was very polite and EXTREMELY helpful. We got there around 7pm and talked for a bit. Then he took us to some stands. When the feeders went off, a zoo of animals were around! I saw a HUGE Sika buck that Pops said was only half grown! Sheeesh! Then the sqealing came. First from far off, then closer........closer.......*SNORT*. Here came a 65lb Calico Sow with some spotted footballs following! I waited a while because I heard some deep grunts behind me, but the wind was apparently not in my favor for those. Finally, the sow broke away from the bunch due to some stubborn goats.......(I've never seen a hog back away from something!). It's funny....all my technique when shooting everytime......Never felt it. But I pulled back, put the sight 3 inches behind her shouder and let lose. It was still bright enough to see my 340gr zip right through her. I guess my new Strikers worked! Thanks mom! Got down and checked my arrow.....covered in bright blood. Found the sow about 40 yards away. Looked like it had ran into a tree!

Cory, my friend, got a shot on a blacky. This was his very first bow kill!

Very fun night! Will be going back when I run outta meat or when I convince the wife that we're running "Dangerously low"! Props to Pops. First rate!

congrats on the hogs!! I have to get down there soon.

Comment

Congrats on the piggies.

Comment

very nice, congrats to you both

Comment

good job

Comment

Congrats to both!

Comment

Congrats on the pig and congrats to your friends first. I'm sure he's addicted now.

Comment

Congrat's on the bacon!!! Pop's and his gang are great, I need to get back down soon....

Comment

congrats.......wish I could of made the hunt . maybe next time

Comment

congrats on the kills!

Comment

Congrats on the hogs.

Comment

Congrats to both of you.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Good job, Im glad ya'll had a good hunt. Wish I could have made it.

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X