Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default Thank you Trump $$

Wife and I just checked our payroll for Friday's payday.

Between the two of us we will be bringing home an extra $400 a month thanks to the tax cuts.

I'll take tangible results over feel good policies any day.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young
 
txoutdoorsman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: In camo
Default

Heck yea
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #3
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young
 
Coup de Grace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Willis Texas
Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.
Default

Yes sir, Go Trump.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

You are just now realizing the economic benefits that are the doing of 8 years of an Obama economic policy. Trump didn't do that.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Obama's economic policy would turn our country into Sudan or Somalia if it was left in place.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:47 AM   #6
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

But yes, I caught the sarcasm.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #7
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Heck yeah! Making our wallets heavy again!
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #8
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
You are just now realizing the economic benefits that are the doing of 8 years of an Obama economic policy. Trump didn't do that.
LOL Typical liberal BS.. but everything good that happened during O's term was because of O's policies...everything bad was from that darn Bush guy.

Incredible how stupid liberals are.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Yup. Started seeing it last paycheck. It's going to be a few extra grand in my pocket at the end of the year. I love the critics acting like it's not much. Any penny I get to keep means one less penny the government gets to squander or misappropriate and that is a win to me.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #10
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

I really wish all the haters that criticize every move he makes would just donate their extra Paycheck cash to the illegal immigration charity of their choice.


Think that will happen? Oh that's right... they only like spending other people's money.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #11
8pointer
Pope & Young
 
8pointer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Schleicher county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
Heck yeah! Making our wallets heavy again!
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #12
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Anybody tired of winning yet?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #13
Bazo
Ten Point
 
Bazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Where I can
Default

You and your wife must be in the top 1% of earners. Seems I remember the Dems saying that this was a tax cut for the wealthy and would hurt the middle class….They wouldn't be dishonest would they???
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #14
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
You are just now realizing the economic benefits that are the doing of 8 years of an Obama economic policy. Trump didn't do that.
lol...Have you ever considered being available for the media as an "expert"?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #15
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

you evil 1% er you
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #16
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
LOL Typical liberal BS.. but everything good that happened during O's term was because of O's policies...everything bad was from that darn Bush guy.

Incredible how stupid liberals are.
If only it were simple stupidity. Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:20 AM   #17
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
You and your wife must be in the top 1% of earners. Seems I remember the Dems saying that this was a tax cut for the wealthy and would hurt the middle classÖ.They wouldn't be dishonest would they???
Yeah...county employees are definitely in the top 1%.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #18
Killer
Ten Point
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

Heck yea! This is why I vote republican!
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #19
txpitdog
Pope & Young
 
txpitdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kingwood
Hunt In: Polk Co., TX & La Flore Co., OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Yeah...county employees are definitely in the top 1%.


Oppressor!
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:47 AM   #20
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I really wish all the haters that criticize every move he makes would just donate their extra Paycheck cash to the illegal immigration charity of their choice.


Think that will happen? Oh that's right... they only like spending other people's money.
It isn't that they necessarily like spending other peoples money instead of their own. They think a controlling entity forcing you to give to others is the only way to help others. It really says a lot about what is actually in their hearts.


Luckily, there are good people like most on here that now have extra money in there pockets they can use to help people in need.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #21
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
It isn't that they necessarily like spending other peoples money instead of their own. They think a controlling entity forcing you to give to others is the only way to help others. It really says a lot about what is actually in their hearts.


Luckily, there are good people like most on here that now have extra money in there pockets they can use to help people in need.
Your right ^^^^City of Austin will be passing an ordinance soon forcing business owners to pay sick leave. At some point people need to check these controlling authorities.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #22
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

How does one find out when/if this tax change kicks in on one's checks? I just looked and same taxes being taken out on 12/29 check as 1/31 check.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #23
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
How does one find out when/if this tax change kicks in on one's checks? I just looked and same taxes being taken out on 12/29 check as 1/31 check.
It's my understanding the tax cuts will start with February's payroll. At least that's what my payroll company told me.

I have no idea how Chew managed to get more crumbs before February.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #24
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's my understanding the tax cuts will start with February's payroll. At least that's what my payroll company told me.

I have no idea how Chew managed to get more crumbs before February.
We did too. I think it's just about how your payroll cycle is setup.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #25
Planner
Six Point
 
Planner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sonora
Default

For those asking about the rates- keep in mind thereís a difference between when the rates go into effect and when the payroll companies update their withholding tables in their programs. Itíll all come out in the wash when you file for Ď18 taxes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Planner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #26
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Can somebody point me in the right direction for the new tax laws in regards to write offs?

Iím a traveling sales rep that offices out of my home and Iím looking to do some reading. I pay all my own expenses but our company is looking at changing that with these new write off laws.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #27
AJMag
Pope & Young
 
AJMag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: SHNF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Can somebody point me in the right direction for the new tax laws in regards to write offs?

Iím a traveling sales rep that offices out of my home and Iím looking to do some reading. I pay all my own expenses but our company is looking at changing that with these new write off laws.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You better hope your company fixes that. No more write off for employee expenses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #28
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
You better hope your company fixes that. No more write off for employee expenses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


Thatís what I have heard but Iím looking for info to read up. Tax laws make my head spin.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #29
AJMag
Pope & Young
 
AJMag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: SHNF
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Thatís what I have heard but Iím looking for info to read up. Tax laws make my head spin.
If i can remember later I'll try to find a good source online. Everything i get is through firm resources. If i get time tonight to look i will. I'm in over my head getting 1099s and w2's filled for clients. Making my head spin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
AJMag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #30
stykshooter
Ten Point
 
stykshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe / Houston / Bal Harbour
Hunt In: S. Dakota, Nebraska & Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
You better hope your company fixes that. No more write off for employee expenses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
x2
stykshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #31
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMag View Post
If i can remember later I'll try to find a good source online. Everything i get is through firm resources. If i get time tonight to look i will. I'm in over my head getting 1099s and w2's filled for clients. Making my head spin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


Thank you
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #32
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

wahoo!!!! Got my raise on today's check. About $100! Thanks Trump!
Waiting to see how much my wife gets next Friday..
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #33
Bazo
Ten Point
 
Bazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Where I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
wahoo!!!! Got my raise on today's check. About $100! Thanks Trump!
Waiting to see how much my wife gets next Friday..
Another 1%er I see. Must be nice
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #34
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazo View Post
Another 1%er I see. Must be nice
Heck yah and I didn't even have to do anything to be a 1%er. I just had to be white!! Going to use this extra money to finally upgrade the seats in my private jet!

Last edited by Man; 01-26-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #35
Black Ice
Pope & Young
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baton Rouge
Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Heck yah and I didn't even have to do anything to be a 1%er. I just had to be white!! Going to use this extra money to finally upgrade the seats in my private jet!


Can you spare some of that white privilege?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #36
JonBoy
Ten Point
 
JonBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Mason, TX; Doss, TX
Default

Serious question...how many are going to go out and spend it vs how many people are going to put it towards debt payoff & savings? I'm going to dump mine into savings.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

It’s nice to have a few extra bucks, but there’s also some bad stuff in that bill that will hurt people. Government continuing to pick winners.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #38
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Serious question...how many are going to go out and spend it vs how many people are going to put it towards debt payoff & savings? I'm going to dump mine into savings.
We are using ours purely towards debt.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #39
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
Itís nice to have a few extra bucks, but thereís also some bad stuff in that bill that will hurt people. Government continuing to pick winners.
No legislation or bill is perfect. There will always be some that benefit more than others. Such is life.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 10:53 AM   #40
brokeno
Eight Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

Better put in the soaring trump stock market and don't touch it until right before Oprah gets in office
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #41
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
No legislation or bill is perfect. There will always be some that benefit more than others. Such is life.
Iím just tired of the big boys running over the little guy via bills like this. Itís sickening.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #42
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
I’m just tired of the big boys running over the little guy via bills like this. It’s sickening.
Sincere request, Explain to me how that's happening. I'm the little guy and i'm seeing direct benefits from this bill.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #43
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Sincere request, Explain to me how that's happening. I'm the little guy and i'm seeing direct benefits from this bill.
Without getting into too much detail, itís most likely going to either A. Force one of my good friends out of business, or B. Force him to sell for way below value to a much larger competitor(s) who lobbied for a unconstitutional provision in this bill.

Either way, if that fine print isnít taken out, it will cost about 50 people their jobs. (At their place.... no telling how many nationwide).

i know, i know... drop in the bucket! Just sucks when it hits close to home and is so totally unfair.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #44
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
Without getting into too much detail, itís most likely going to either A. Force one of my good friends out of business, or B. Force him to sell for way below value to a much larger competitor(s) who lobbied for a unconstitutional provision in this bill.

Either way, if that fine print isnít taken out, it will cost about 50 people their jobs. (At their place.... no telling how many nationwide).

i know, i know... drop in the bucket! Just sucks when it hits close to home and is so totally unfair.
what line of business would that be?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #45
Razrbk89
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NE Arkansas
Hunt In: Northern & Eastern Arkansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
what line of business would that be?
Ag
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #46
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Just a thought but yeah, I'm doing this from now on
Attached Images
 
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 07:02 AM   #47
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Montgomery County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Serious question...how many are going to go out and spend it vs how many people are going to put it towards debt payoff & savings? I'm going to dump mine into savings.
1 more % towards my Roth 401K for starters.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM   #48
Bowtech38
Ten Point
 
Bowtech38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Belton
Default

Im around 40 a month extra from the looks of it
Bowtech38 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #49
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Gonna pay for my lease next year.

Thanks President Trump!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #50
Pilgrim
Eight Point
 
Pilgrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner View Post
Itíll all come out in the wash when you file for Ď18 taxes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I'm thinking. I'll withhold opinion until next year's tax return is filed.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com