Fort Boggy?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Boggy?????

I got selected for the bow hunt October 12-14 (bday weekend) at Fort boggy, wondering if anyone has hunted there before or has any tips. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!!

I've applied there but never been drawn, have you been on a drawn hunt before?

Comment

I have hunted it 3 years in a row. Had a shot oppurtunity all 3 years. Flat out missed a 6 pt and a doe. Passed on a spike and a doe. She had a fawn no more than a month old. The last hunt I made there will be 4 yrs this Oct. Since I only live 45 min away, I'm gonna try it again this year as a stand by.
      But if you do your homework, you can get a shot. Lot of deer there and PLENTY of hogs. They will let you bait, but there are plenty of acrons. Probably won't do any good to corn it. I never did. Find the acorns with some deer poop around, and you will see some deer.
      Look for me. I'll be the stand by guy in camo!!!

Comment

thanks sniggy yea just pumped up, going to bust my *** to get one, have u seen any good bucks harvested out there?...........

Ive hunted on the kerr and chaparell wma in the past, but they were both gun hunts

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          have u seen any good bucks harvested out there?...........
          No, but did see a pic of a 11 pointer somebody had killed the year before that was real nice. But, it has been 3 years since I was there.

Comment

no i have not how good was he

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              thanks sniggy yea just pumped up, going to bust my *** to get one, have u seen any good bucks harvested out there?...........

Ive hunted on the kerr and chaparell wma in the past, but they were both gun hunts
              I responded to one of your other posts. More comments here --

- I've also hunted Chaparrel, Fort Boggy is nothing like the Chaparrel.
              - True, we've put out corn on all three hunts at Fort Boggy and the hogs/deer don't touch it, too much other food.
              - Lots and lots of hogs, not that many deer.

Comment

Soooooooo..... how did you do?

Comment

Working...
                X