Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
    Did u get down there?

Yep. Put out 40 bags Cottonseed. And put out some Lyssyand Eckel Blast to see how the deer like it. Right at 3” in the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[emoji16]

Got more than expected, I’ll take it!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
        Just got to ranch and was greeted w 1” in rain gauge.
        Also was greeted w a hole in the roof of my roof of my trailerhouse.
        Dang wets tried to dig there way in w a pair of limb loppers.
        Fortunately they were unsuccessful.

Where abouts is your place?

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          Congrats!! East of Tilden this afternoon! I don’t know how much we got but we were at 3” for the week before this last shower this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Beautiful photo for a south Texas hunter! Accumulated rainfall and big bucks!

What is in the corner of that feeder trough?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            Beautiful photo for a south Texas hunter! Accumulated rainfall and big bucks!

What is in the corner of that feeder trough?

BP

Not sure where you are talking about. Timed lamco protein feeder. Only protein in the troughs. In the back is some alfalfa.

Comment

Looks like dead dove

Comment

Not sure where you are talking about. Timed lamco protein feeder. Only protein in the troughs. In the back is some alfalfa.

I think he’s seeing the protein lump that was released from the right tray.

Do you have issues with rain on those feeders? I want to feed year round but I’d have buy new timed feeders to hunt over. All protein stations are away from stands and free choice, that doesn’t work during the season. Timed Lamco is what I’d want but I worry about the open tray.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                  I think he’s seeing the protein lump that was released from the right tray.

Do you have issues with rain on those feeders? I want to feed year round but I’d have buy new timed feeders to hunt over. All protein stations are away from stands and free choice, that doesn’t work during the season. Timed Lamco is what I’d want but I worry about the open tray.

No real issues with protein and getting wet. We get rain so sporadically and the feed never stays in the tray long. It never is a problem with morning dew or anything. Occasionally they get gummed up but I would say no more then a normal free choice feeder. 1,000 lb timed feeders last a good long while.

Comment

No real issues with protein and getting wet. We get rain so sporadically and the feed never stays in the tray long. It never is a problem with morning dew or anything. Occasionally they get gummed up but I would say no more then a normal free choice feeder. 1,000 lb timed feeders last a good long while.

That’s good to know. I’d only use them during the season to feed at hunting times.

Comment

We have several of these trough feeders and don’t have issues with feed getting stopped up. The deer love eating out of them. They can keep their eyes and ears up and feel safer. We have had as much as 5 bucks eating out of them at one time early in the season.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X