Castaway Lodge, Seadrift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castaway Lodge, Seadrift

Wanting to get reviews on the Castaway lodge. Wanting to take wife fishing and they have availability.
    Just going to stay overnight at lodge and fish the next day.

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
    Wanting to get reviews on the Castaway lodge. Wanting to take wife fishing and they have availability.
    Just going to stay overnight at lodge and fish the next day.
    I've taken clients out there three or four different times and always had a great trip. Excellent home cooked food and nice accommodations. It's been 2 years since I've been, and since then I believe they've spent some money upgrading just about everything. From the pictures I've seen it looks awesome.

We always went out with Captain James and had a blast fishing off the boat and wade fishing, and generally caught good numbers of fish.

Comment

I used them for my best friends bachelor party a few years back. This was before they expanded but we had a great time. Food was great and fishing was good.

It was in the fall and I told them some of the guys weren't the most proficient fisherman so they had us concentrate on reds in the back lakes. The only issue I had with the whole deal was the "Bait Charge" for each boat each day. If I remember correctly, we were charged $100 per boat per day for bait, which was frozen cut mullet. I wouldn't have thought twice about the charge if it was live bait but I thought $400 was pretty ridiculous for some frozen cut mullet.

Id still go back though, as we all had a great time.

Comment

Castaway Lodge, Seadrift

I went with some guys on a business trip few years back. Great lodge, better food, awesome view from the top deck drinking beer while listening to the sandhill cranes and frogs sing.

Fishing was tough that time of year, but we had a great time.
        The chef cooked grilled duck breasts with a rasberry sauce with rice pilaf and grilled asparagus. The best meal i ever had at a lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They have a nice place and the guys running it are nice guys. Ive never stayed there but talk to them often at the table and nothing bad to say about most of them .

Comment

Thanks for the replies. We are booked for Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
              Thanks for the replies. We are booked for Friday and Saturday.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Wish we were going to be down this weekend, would like to stop by and say hello

Enjoy! We love our little township!

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                  Let us know how it goes.

I will definitely report back. Captain Chris was a pleasure to speak with so that’s a good start.

Comment

Well I wanted to give you all a report about lodge and experience.
                    We stayed Friday night and fished Saturday.

The facilities were nice and everything was clean and well taken care of. We sat around the outdoor grill area and visited with captain Chris while he prepared dinner. We had steaks, quail, baked potatoes and fresh salad. Everything was really good.
                    Saturday morning we woke up for breakfast but was a little disappointed.

Wind was blowing pretty good already so we knew it was going to be a tough day.
                    Our captain was nice overall but didn’t really show us any methods. As mentioned above It was tough.
                    We fish out of boat and waded. On our first wade we discussed working a shoreline. We started going down and he separated a pretty good ways in front of us. He ended up finding some really good fish but never waved us over to get in on the action.
                    To make it short. I finally caught 1 trout and 1 red and my wife caught 1 red at 2:30, so it was a long day on the water.
                    Last edited by Kenner97; 05-20-2018, 07:45 PM. Reason: Fix words

Comment

So did the Captain not try? or was it just fish were not biting?

Comment

Glad y'all caught a few ,but know how you feel about the guide.. Really gets my goat when the guide wanders off & doesn't help more or offer guidance. I didn't hire a babysitter & don't expect that. My pet peeve is the guide who catches and boxes fish after being told we will catch our own or go home empty. We aren't there to watch you catch fish.

Comment

Dang. Getting into good fish as a guide is fine but not waving over your clients is questionable. Sounds like more of a fisherman than a guide. In the words of Joe Dirt. “It’s not what you like, It’s the consumer!

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
                            Dang. Getting into good fish as a guide is fine but not waving over your clients is questionable. Sounds like more of a fisherman than a guide. In the words of Joe Dirt. “It’s not what you like, It’s the consumer!
                            I only fish if clients approve, on tough days I suggest that I fish if they want to take fish home. Not that I'm some phenom fisherman but more baits in the water always give you a better chance at boxing fish. I couldn't imagine not waving my clients in on a good bite, kinda blows my mind that any professional would not have their clients right next to them if they are in fish.

Comment

Bay flats is awesome try it next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X