Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember Hank Thompson the country singer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Hank Thompson ... Haven't heard that name in years. Been probably 20 yrs and I was entered in the Kerrville rodeo. I drew a white/grey horse that was a chute fighting son of a gun. Horse would rare up and mash you, bite you and everything else. They didn't ride him often and never spurred him. Well I rode him that night and spurred holes in him and was 89 points and won the rodeo. After the bareback riding I went to the far beer stand kind of behind the stage of the rodeo dance ( no line) to buy a beer. A gentleman walked over and asked me if I was the cowboy that finally rode the grey. I told him yes sir and we visited awhile having a beer. I asked him if he came to watch the Rodeo and he Said no he's with the band and stuck out his hand and said " My names Hank Thompson and that was one hell of ride". I **** near dropped my beer!!! During the dance before a song he said " I would like to dedicate this next song to my new friend and all the rest of the rodeo cowboys here tonight". He tipped his hat at me and then played the rodeo Classic "Rodeo Man". One of my favorite memories.

[ATTACH]892779[/ATTACH]
    That's good stuff right there. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hank Thompson and the Brazos Valley Boys! Pretty cool his wife came in!

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      It is very cool, and I tell you what is so great about it, they are the nicest folks you would ever want to meet, Ann has a super personality and her husband is 5 stars for sure.
      Well, you haven't met me and my wife...yet!

Hank Thompson ... Haven't heard that name in years. Been probably 20 yrs and I was entered in the Kerrville rodeo. I drew a white/grey horse, Generation X ,that was a chute fighting son of a gun. Horse would rare up and mash you, bite you and everything else. They didn't ride him often and never spurred him. Well I rode him that night and spurred holes in him and was 89 points and won the rodeo. After the bareback riding I went to the far beer stand kind of behind the stage of the rodeo dance ( no line) to buy a beer. A gentleman walked over and asked me if I was the cowboy that finally rode the grey. I told him yes sir and we visited awhile having a beer. I asked him if he came to watch the Rodeo and he Said no he's with the band and stuck out his hand and said " My names Hank Thompson and that was one hell of ride". I **** near dropped my beer!!! During the dance before a song he said " I would like to dedicate this next song to my new friend and all the rest of the rodeo cowboys here tonight". He tipped his hat at me and then played the rodeo Classic "Rodeo Man". One of my favorite memories.

[ATTACH]892779[/ATTACH]
      Awesome story!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Hank Thompson and the Brazos Valley Boys! Pretty cool his wife came in!

Well, you haven't met me and my wife...yet!

Awesome story!
        That horse had me folded up like taco leaving the chute. If he would have turned back left he probably would have bucked me off. But he went right and set me up and it was game time. Next morning my whole back and back of my head and neck and ears were bruised as well as my right leg. But it all worked out.
        Last edited by BrandonA; 01-17-2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Hank Thompson ... Haven't heard that name in years. Been probably 20 yrs and I was entered in the Kerrville rodeo. I drew a white/grey horse, Generation X ,that was a chute fighting son of a gun. Horse would rare up and mash you, bite you and everything else. They didn't ride him often and never spurred him. Well I rode him that night and spurred holes in him and was 89 points and won the rodeo. After the bareback riding I went to the far beer stand kind of behind the stage of the rodeo dance ( no line) to buy a beer. A gentleman walked over and asked me if I was the cowboy that finally rode the grey. I told him yes sir and we visited awhile having a beer. I asked him if he came to watch the Rodeo and he Said no he's with the band and stuck out his hand and said " My names Hank Thompson and that was one hell of ride". I **** near dropped my beer!!! During the dance before a song he said " I would like to dedicate this next song to my new friend and all the rest of the rodeo cowboys here tonight". He tipped his hat at me and then played the rodeo Classic "Rodeo Man". One of my favorite memories.

[ATTACH]892779[/ATTACH]
          I will see Ann again, next time she is in I will tell her your story, good stuff.

Comment

[ATTACH]892779[/ATTACH]

Were you wearin a continental suit?

That's my favorite Hank Thompson tune. I heard he was living in Keller when he passed away a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That's my favorite Hank Thompson tune. I heard he was living in Keller when he passed away a couple years ago.
              He lived in K-Town for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That's a good song, but I'm afraid that was Marty Robbins, not Hank Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                  Hey take him his fish mount
                  Can always count on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    That's a good song, but I'm afraid that was Marty Robbins, not Hank Thompson.
                    So it was.....Not the 1st time I've confused the two of them..

Comment

What's the name and location of your restaurant?

Comment

Saw him in Grapevine at the Palace. Almost his last concert. He was great. Need top get by your restaurant.

Comment

Been to several Hank Thompson dances, Back in the Day.
                          Last time I saw him perform was at Cattlebaron Steak House out
                          west of Ft. Worth. Put on a Great show as always.
                          Quite a Performer and a Great voice................

Comment

I remember my dad listening to him.

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                              What's the name and location of your restaurant?
                              Shuck Me, 585 Randol Mill Ave., Southlake.

Comment

Love those guys from that era....my truck at the ranch is set to 106.1, San Saba, where they play the great music from that era.

Comment

Working...
                                X