No announcement yet.

The Timer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be looking for this when I pick up my new feeder in a couple weeks since it uses THE TIMER

Comment

Sad, one of the best deer timers on the market is having issues. Honestly dont understand why someone cant develop one that works with all the smart phones, tablets etc.

Comment

MY POS WGI is going on year 9 with the same WGI timer, WGI Solar Panel, and WGI Spinner Motor. My 3 POS WGI cameras that I gave $39 for 7 years ago are still taking pictures of it to prove it. Not saying I've never had issue with WGI but at the price point if my $40 camera starts acting a donkey then I replace it, send in the old one and get a replacement. Never had a Customer Service issue with them. Ive done this with 3 cameras over the past 12 years and average running 6 cameras a year all year long without ever bringing them inside. and 6 others that get moved around depending on where I'm hunting. I'm just lucky I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
          MY POS WGI is going on year 9 with the same WGI timer, WGI Solar Panel, and WGI Spinner Motor. My 3 POS WGI cameras that I gave $39 for 7 years ago are still taking pictures of it to prove it. Not saying I've never had issue with WGI but at the price point if my $40 camera starts acting a donkey then I replace it, send in the old one and get a replacement. Never had a Customer Service issue with them. Ive done this with 3 cameras over the past 12 years and average running 6 cameras a year all year long without ever bringing them inside. and 6 others that get moved around depending on where I'm hunting. I'm just lucky I guess.

Better go buy a stack of lottery tickets with luck like that using anything WGI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Sad, one of the best deer timers on the market is having issues. Honestly dont understand why someone cant develop one that works with all the smart phones, tablets etc.

Qzilla tried with a local use “WiFi” and it failed. Can’t remember the name. Maybe Sneaky Feeder

Comment

Every now and then a terd shines .... much like every now and then a leader produces a terd.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                Would be nice if there was an actual PRE-emptive "recall" or some info to identify which Timers are in affected date range, rather than an after-the-fact "sorry you blew a ton of corn or ruined your hunt, here's a new one"....
                Now that would be great customer service!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Qzilla tried with a local use “WiFi” and it failed. Can’t remember the name. Maybe Sneaky Feeder
                  Pretty sure bbq was just referring to the fact that....with all the advancements in technology you’d think a simple timer to turn a motor on a couple of times a day at the same reoccurring time shouldn’t/wouldn’t be a huge task.

Comment

You need to buy powerball tickets.

I have owned several different items WGI puts out. They are to be the WORST company in the hunting business across the board on all items. Junk is an understatement.

Comment

They “had” issues with a run or two. Not still “having”.

Comment

Beg to differ sir, OP is on lease with me and he has returned timers over and over...it's getting comical honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                          So I called West Texas feeder. I guess I'll be paying shipping back to them and write a note what's going wrong. If it's warranty they will replace if not I may get a discount depending
                          If you don’t want to pay to ship it you can take it to SDH outdoors and they will swap it out. I found out they are a dealer and have a store in Dallas and ft worth. I need to do this with mine, it completely crapped out. I just don’t know what I’ll do with the new one.

Comment

I appreciate it sir. I don't think I will have the issue of getting it replaced. I'll be looking for a place to exchange locally so I can exchange the bad one in my feeder.. thankfully I have a bad one here at home and a bad one in my feeder if that's a plus haha I can exchange one at a time. Now to find a place and time in North DFW to do it.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I can understand your annoyance... I was merely suggesting that you shouldn't have any problems exchanging it if its in the time period and warranty period. I'm glad to have bought mine 10 plus years ago and not had to deal with any problems..

Comment

Well got one swapped and this was the one in my feeder. So over a couple months it gained about 43 minutes. Got it swapped out as well. Hopefully this fixes the issue. This makes about 5-6 I've swapped so far plus a few on our lease for other guys.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I’m glad all of mine are older! Never had any problem out of any of them!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X