Cold and wet in a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold and wet in a tree

I figured the deer would be moving this afternoon so I got in my tree at 3:30. I was right, deer were moving just not the ones I wanted to see. Doe, yearlings, and a few young bucks.

I was doing fine until my gloves soaked through, then the sleet started. It didn't bother the deer one bit so I had to suck it up and wait for them to leave. Luckily they left early than they normally do (usually 6:15ish) and I was able to escape at 5:45 haha! Not a bad way to spend a afternoon. They are tough critters.

It'll be colder in the morning! Get after'em. Good luck

Comment

That's the plan, will be nice watching them in the snow in the morning

Comment

I hate my hands being cold, rest of my body could freeze. Waterproof glove and I don’t care how much they cost

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
          I hate my hands being cold, rest of my body could freeze. Waterproof glove and I don’t care how much they cost
          do you have a glove you recommend, i'm searching google now

Comment

Seirus xtreme glove from academy. Got it on sale and love them. Waterproof as well and keep my hands warm. Hope this helps

Comment

awesome i will see if i can find them!

Comment

Get yourself a tree umbrella. Small enough to fit in your pack and big enough to keep you dry. I would still use rain gear to keep blowing rain off.

Comment

Ill be doing the same in the morning!

Comment

This afternoon I was not cold or wet and figured my afternoon sit would be uneventful, but a target buck that had been in a nocturnal pattern since mid October decided to show up out of the blue. It definitely made up for the cold wet night and the cold and snow this morning. As always pictures are always the last thing on my mind, this is the only one I got but looking forward to doing my first euro mount.

Still going to get myself those gloves and I'll look into the umbrella as well.

Comment

Nice one congrats

Comment

good job!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X