Brakes and rotor turned???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes and rotor turned???

My wife has an Infinity QX60 It has 26k miles on it. During her scheduled oil change they said the rear brake pads are worn down and will need to be replaced and the rotor turned.

I'm think BS for a high dollar car with 26k miles to need that kind of work done. What says the green screen? And what should I do about it? Is that something that really jus sometimes wears down this fast or should I call BS and say it has to be a flaw?

Of course they say it's not under warranty since it's a wear and tear item.

How do the brakes feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The fronts we're ok but the rears were worn? Seems very off. Most vehicles stop with the front brakes first, then the rears....unless maybe she has been drifting or stunt driving.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I say bs! I changed rotors and pads on my daughter accord. She took it to get the oil changed while away at college and they told her she needed to replace her brakes. They are just trying to make money I reckon.

Comment

Does she drive a lot with the e-brake on?

Comment

My F150 had a caliper go bad at 40k. Caused the pads to wear down to metal on RH front side only. Had to buy new caliper, rotors and pads. 2 places stated they don't turn rotors anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
              The fronts we're ok but the rears were worn? Seems very off. Most vehicles stop with the front brakes first, then the rears....unless maybe she has been drifting or stunt driving.

.....and God Bless America.
              She must drift on her 1 mile drive to teach 1st grade LOL Right through the 2 subdivisions....

Brakes feel fine.

They say the fronts are 7mm and the rear are down to 4mm

She almost never uses the e-brake.

If I call BS how do I handle it? If the rear pads are down to 4mm IMO that means there's a problem. Just try and talk to a manager, then higher manager etc?
              Last edited by RiverRat1; 11-28-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I’ve seen 5-6 chevys eat rear pads off in 20-30k when the calipers stick. It happens. I don’t know about that model but it’s definitely possible

Comment

Pull the wheel off and look. I agree with the others, front pads should go out twice as fast as the rear ones.

Comment

That’s about normal on that car. My mother drives the same model and travels a lot. Rear pads get replaced every 20 to 25 thousand miles.

Comment

Pull the wheel off and have a look yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you taken the rear tire off and taken a look for yourself? That's the first thing I would do. They more than likely can go kick rocks, if they truly do need changed, buy the parts and do it yourself, should be less than $200 depending in the pass you get. O'Reillys turns rotors for like $20 a piece from what I recall

Comment

My wife has had a couple QX 56/80s. The first one needed brakes at 12K miles! Infiniti replaced them at no charge. The brakes on the initial model were inadequate for the weight of the vehicle. Infiniti remedied the issue with adding much more substantial brakes on them, but may be a similar issue on the 60.

Comment

Also what's your wife's driving style like? If it's anything like most women, they wait till last minute to brake hard, that'll chew up pads in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                              Also what's your wife's driving style like? If it's anything like most women, they wait till last minute to brake hard, that'll chew up pads in no time.
                              This-- I've done changed brakes prematurely on several above mentioned vehicles

Comment

Working...
                              X