Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here have more than 1 rental property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many here have more than 1 rental property?

I am going to get into rental properties but I do not have much in the way of knowledge. Is there anyone here that has more than 1 that I can speak to? If you are in the Houston area i would love to treat you to lunch or coffee and if you are further away if you could spare some time on the phone.

I don't know anything as I am totally new at this. I have done tons of research and I am part of several boards but again i haven't actually purchased anything yet. My goal is to buy something before the end of the year.

There was a great thread running on here awhile back, you may try searching for it and see if you can find it. I will see if I can scrounge it up and link it for you had lots of good info.

Comment

watching. also would love to find some info on buying/remodel/selling process/costs/roi.. etc

Comment

My Dad has for years. I tried it out and it is a lot of work. If you get big enough to hire a general worker - jack of all trades it is not so bad. Seemed like every time I was going on a trip something would happen. This was just with 2 duplexes or 4 units. My Dad did 24 and did most of the work himself for years. Now he has 1 full time employee and a part timer he calls. It is still a lot of paperwork etc. Too much like work to me. I like the idea of storage

Comment

Rents are down now with all of the available apartments in Houston. And they are still building them. What part of town are you looking in?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Rents are down now with all of the available apartments in Houston. And they are still building them. What part of town are you looking in?
            Not in the right parts...friend owns over 20 in the heights and has waiting lists with ridiculous rent.
            He's been urging me to get into it. I'm scared but want to take the leap

Comment

I only have 3 left. Had as many as 8 several years ago. Best thing I ever did was buy income producing properties. Worse thing I ever did was sell some off!

Comment

I have 2 really nice Duplexes (4 units )and 10 old rent houses.
                I pay a management company to handle them.
                Heck I don’t even know who lives in them.

Just bought them this year but so far it has just been mail box money

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

How much does the management company charge? If you're comfortable with sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    There was a great thread running on here awhile back, you may try searching for it and see if you can find it. I will see if I can scrounge it up and link it for you had lots of good info.
                    Is this it?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

I thought you were gonna brag about your awesome insurance agent!! Hell the crappie advise is worth 2x the premium!!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy Mobile home lots, rent the lots to people to put their trailers on or prefabs on

Comment

We bought 5 acres with 2 houses on it in Corsicana 2 years ago. Our grangkids are there and we will retire there in a few years. We rent one of the houses out for a couple hundred dollar profit over the payment every month. We stay in the other house whenever we want to go see them. Looking to having it mostly payed off by renters by the time we move there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            Buy Mobile home lots, rent the lots to people to put their trailers on or prefabs on
                            How much can a lot like this rent for?
                            I guess you need to install septic and electrical.

Comment

I have 5 currently. I am a Houston Firefighter; but also been a Realtor for nearly 15 years on the side. Wish I had 20! I have clients and friends with 20+.

Comment

Working...
                              X