Broadheads topic again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads topic again

Hey fellow bow hunters, I finally just joined the sport and I am super stoked about it. Absolutely can not wait to start my first bow hunt next year but one thing I have been so undecided on is what broadhead to try first. I have read and researched and researched but still can't decide. I know I want one that obviously will do some major damage and a quick kill but in all so called commercials/ YouTube videos they all do that lol. So fellow bow hunters, please give me some advice. Also thanks in advance for all info and advice! And merry christmas everyone!

Smoke Ramcats. But first get your bow set up from a pro shop and get your srrows tuned snd aeverthing in sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Smoke Ramcats. But first get your bow set up from a pro shop and get your srrows tuned snd aeverthing in sync.
      Bow is set up already for me from pro shop I got it at, fixing to get arrows. What is getting arrows tuned?

Comment

I use grim reapers and hypodermic. They are both really good

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt125 View Post
          Bow is set up already for me from pro shop I got it at, fixing to get arrows. What is getting arrows tuned?
          ^The bow needs to be tuned to the arrows you are going to use. Starts with the poundage your going to shoot etc.

Comment

Slick tricks!

Comment

I've had good experiences with shwackers. But I've always wanted to try ramcats

Comment

Iron Will Broadheads

Comment

Killzones

Comment

Any broad head will work fine if you place the shot correctly. Practice shooting from a lot of different angles and study deer anatomy. Pay attention to the deer's posture ,is the leg forward or back? Is the deer's body curved or straight? Are you elevated or on the ground? Many different scenarios can play out when hunting, better to focus on those than the broad head. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you all for the advice ad recommendations so far. I guess another question to add is fixed, or mechanical and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt125 View Post
                        Thank you all for the advice ad recommendations so far. I guess another question to add is fixed, or mechanical and why?
                        You're opening a can of worms here! There are plenty of threads arguing this very thing. I've always been a fixed fan, I'm a firm believer in Murphy's law! That said I've picked up some Rage to try on pigs this springs.

I started with Magnus Stingers, and the last couple of years have been shooting Montecs and Slick Trick Mags. Whatever you use make sure it's sharp, if you put it where it needs to be it will get the job done.

Comment

Rage

Comment

I like Slick Trick Magnums got fixed.

Rage hypodermic and NAP Killzone for mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion is a fixed broad head. I personally shoot the G5 Striker and have for years now and while I am going to pick up some Slick Tricks the G5 will always be my go to. Is there anything wrong with mechanical? I’d say no since they kill animals also. I just like to take the chance of failure out by shooting fixed. When it really comes down to it the hard decision is yours and yours alone. If you have the time and money try a few different broad heads out. If you have the land and it has hogs on it you have the perfect opportunity to try some heads out on some hogs and determine what you want in your set up for deer based on the damage they do on hogs. There are a lot of factors that will go into determining which broad head your bow and you like. Once you shoot your first animal with a bow the hook is set!

Comment

Working...
                              X