No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’ll do, Clay! Congrats on the catch!

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!

Now, what's next????

Comment

Thanks guys!

Frog Hunter. I still want more and bigger permit, so most likely will continue Mexico and Montana with frequent redfish here in good old Texas for me in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good work! Any permit is a trophy. I've tried to find them in Belize and couldn't hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
            Where’s the best place to stay at Broken Bow?
            We usually rent one of the cabins outside the the park. Beavers Bend Adventures is one website with several cabins in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
              We usually rent one of the cabins outside the the park. Beavers Bend Adventures is one website with several cabins in the area.
              Thanks

Comment

Congrats Clay, that's great and you've knocked the stink off, the next one should come easier....haha

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                Poc.... gona try something a little different. I plan to fly fish the surf on one of the barrier islands with high hopes of pompano. Then it's off to my usual flats and marsh in seadrift.

I might make a stop at a local park for some Tpw trout that will be realeased this week before I head south I'm hoping this will keep my "trout fever" at bay until I can get into the mountains a little later this year.
                Let me know when you are going to be down, I should be there from this rotation on Tuesday if travel goes smooth.

Comment

Congrats on the permit!

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                    Congrats Clay, that's great and you've knocked the stink off, the next one should come easier....haha

Let me know when you are going to be down, I should be there from this rotation on Tuesday if travel goes smooth.
                    Just pulled in the drive!!! You down now or is it next Tuesday??

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                      Just pulled in the drive!!! You down now or is it next Tuesday??
                      Next week. Getting on a plane today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, be safe and hurry home!

Comment

Out standing on the permit. They are just so hard to get a bit from.

Comment

incase anyone is looking for a spey or big game saltwater reel. I listed this Ross Momentum 8 on ebay this afternoon.

Comment

I started fly fishing a few months before Hurricane Harvey and I'm finally getting my life back organized and ready to pick up the fly rod again. I'm really intrigued by the opportunity to tie my own fly and catch fish on something I've created. I shot a few pheasant in Kansas several weeks ago and would like to tie a few using the tail feathers.

Anyhow, that's a long winded story just to ask the question; any recommendations for a basic fly tying kit that'll get me going in the right direction?

Comment

A buddy and I fly fish all the time during non hunting season, also out of kayaks, it's a blast and whole different style and experience from conventional fishing. If your wanting to try it and see if you like it before spending lots of money because it can get expensive, academy has a couple started kits like Martin and I think pflueger that has some bass flies, it's ready to go out of box. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X