Divorce can be hard on a kid!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce can be hard on a kid!!

But as parents we have the choice to put the past and bull**** away and focus on the kids in the middle. Riley wanted to go fishing and asked if her mom and stepdad could come. Well the her smile says it all!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	25121835

Bravo sir! Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kuddos! Coming from a divorced family whose parents didn't get along afterwards I commend you. Being adults is tough, but doing right by the kids is always the right answer no matter the parties involved.

Comment

Looks like they all had a great time, your an awesome dad

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          But as parents we have the choice to put the past and bull**** away and focus on the kids in the middle. Riley wanted to go fishing and asked if her mom and stepdad could come. Well the her smile says it all!!

[ATTACH]865923[/ATTACH]

That's awesome! I'm lucky enough to have two awesome dads in my life and wish the three of us could have done more stuff together. It takes a bigger man on both sides to swallow their pride and hang out.

Comment

Great job Dad.

Comment

Nicely done.

Comment

Good job.. Really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Kuddos! Coming from a divorced family whose parents didn't get along afterwards I commend you. Being adults is tough, but doing right by the kids is always the right answer no matter the parties involved.

Agreed

Comment

Fantastic job, lifetime memories for the both of you!! you are a true caring DAD.

I promise you that from experience.

Comment

I guess it how you look at things. Just weird

Comment

To ALL parents who are divorced, please take note of this. Your kids are WAY more important than 2 grown adults not being able to get along for short periods of time. And yes, 6-8 hours is a short period of time. Suck it up and be an adult. If you don't think your kids aren't worth swallowing your pride/bitterness/even hatred, and doing something for their growth mentally and emotionally...well, you need to take a long look in the mirror and examine yourself. You do NOT have to like your ex...but you absolutely should put the needs of your children before your opinions of your ex. Period

Kudos, OP...your daughter will love and appreciate that about you and her mother more than she could ever express. My hat is tipped to you, sir

Comment

Hat's off to you sir!

Comment

Good job sir and glad you made it work. Y'all fish on lake Buchanan

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

Me too. ^^^ Said it best. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                              X