Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for the find today.

Comment

If they haven't found him and the buzzards haven't found him by now, he may still be alive.

Comment

Yep. Still here and ready for good news

Comment

In for good news???

Comment

any news?

Comment

No good news!

First a thank you to Keith Rand AKA KR-oldmexico who saw what happened via the green screen and drove 4 hrs to offer his dog. Dean Strong had a hand in making the connection. Many thanks and debts of gratitude there for such gentlemen behavior.

There have been no further sightings or sign of the deer. He is hit but we don't know where. All thats left to do is continue walking and searching in hopes to stumble on him. With any luck the wound is nonfatal and he shows up again. Until then...

Comment

Sorry to hear it Rusty. Good Luck on finding him dead or Alive

Comment

That sucks but To be continued.....

Comment

Dang!!! Hopefully he recovers

Comment

Well y'all gave one heel of an effort. Hopefully he shows back up alive. I would like to think maybe he was hit low being that the shot was only 45 yards depending how the gun was sighted in.

My wife shot a doe (first deer) couple years ago with a 25-06 at about the same distance and I failed to tell her that she needed to aim a little higher. Trailed good blood for 100 yards and jumped it. Went back next morning and could not find another drop of blood. So I just started walking the brush and stumbled upon her about 400 yards away. I got within 20 yards and she jumped again. Two weeks later she was back eating corn. Bullet went through flesh of both legs and would appear to have went through bottom of chest. Lining up the entrance and exit, don't see how she could survive a bullet. Some deer are just tough. That doe is still around and she gets a pass now on.

Comment

^^^^ thanks, any cheering up helpful. Not a very festive environment around here now. It is hard to imagine a deer shot anywhere thru the cavity could survive 24 hrs so I am pulling for some wound like you describe. We will have cameras and lots of eyes all over hoping for the best.

Comment

Tried as hard as you could
                          Hopefully he show his face again on camera soon

Comment

Yall did everything you could. I would like to think that yall would be rewarded with his presence again. Keep your head up and eyes pealed

Comment

Well here is hoping he shows up to your stand now Rusty. Trying to find the silver lining in all this.

Comment

We had a guy on our lease shoot a buck low and back a few years ago. That buck showed back up at the feeder two weeks later. We ended up shooting him the following year. They are tough animals and can survive a non lethal shot. Hopefully he shows back up soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X