Where to buy plot seed around San Angelo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do y’all get your seed from. We are wanting to plant triticale and oats mixed. The only place I can find seed is palmers. Is there anywhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triticale at Helena south of Veribest. I planted oats about five weeks ago. They are just now peeking out of the ground. I planted triticale two weeks ago this coming Saturday and it is already about four to five inches tall. There were a dozen deer on it this morning.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the triticale is about $14.20 a bag and the oats were untreated and cost close to $13.00 a bag. I bought the oats at Tractor Supply on a whim. For the improved germination and fast growth, buy the treated seed.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
        Triticale at Helena south of Veribest. I planted oats about five weeks ago. They are just now peeking out of the ground. I planted triticale two weeks ago this coming Saturday and it is already about four to five inches tall. There were a dozen deer on it this morning.

Where is that from San Angelo?the name of the place is Helena?

Comment

Anyone else

Comment

Palmers not have what you need ?

Most any of the local coops will have wheat and oat seed.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Palmers not have what you need ?

Most any of the local coops will have wheat and oat seed.

I didn’t see triticale on their website. I’m going to call them in just a bit. Just didn’t know if their was another place I was missing

Comment

i bought oats and wheat at palmers 2 weeks ago. planted 9 days ago before we got 4.5 inches of rain. oats look like a carpet! can't see the wheat yet, but time will tell.
                I really think palmers is the best bang for your buck. I think grogans out by sams also sells seed, but they're usually pretty high in price. he's a really good guy though... Mr Grogan is my neighbor.

Comment

Crop Production Services

Comment

Have you tried Turners Seed ?
                    I think they have a website..

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                      i bought oats and wheat at palmers 2 weeks ago. planted 9 days ago before we got 4.5 inches of rain. oats look like a carpet! can't see the wheat yet, but time will tell.

I really think palmers is the best bang for your buck. I think grogans out by sams also sells seed, but they're usually pretty high in price. he's a really good guy though... Mr Grogan is my neighbor.

How much where the oats over there. They don’t have any triticale. But the place I found the triticale at the oats are 16.50 a bag. Seems a little high

Comment

Palmers oats were 13$ / 50 lbs. I think wheat was 16$?

Comment

Tractor Supply should have Biologic

Comment

Tractor supply in San Angelo has a no till oats/triticale mix in their wildlife section. I bought some Sunday to throw out behind the house.

Comment

Try West Gaines Seed between Hobbs and Seminole. Where we get are Triticale.

Comment

Working...
                              X