Tony Romo announcing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    Football is the ultimate team game IMO and it's naive to judge a player off of team accomplishments. He had a bad defense & coaching staff his entire career. He had a ****ty line for part (most) of it.

You simply can't use team playoff successes/failures as a measuring stick or suddenly Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better than Dan Marino and the aforementioned Earl Campbell
    Did I say anything about playoff success? That is a factor, but there are exceptions to the rule. Marino is one.

I believe Romo is top 30 all time for passing yards.

Comment

Romo's 248 passing TDs is ninth in NFL history.

His career passer rating of 97.1 percent is fourth best all time.

Comment

He beats the mess out of Cris Collinsworth

Comment

I enjoyed hearing his input on the game. He gives a good perspective on the game and given situation at that time. However, he seems to be talking constantly when you'd expect the other guy to be talking. I think it's just 'cause he's new. He just seemed a bit awkward at times. I think he's going to work out just fine as he settles in more. No doubt he hast a vast knowledge of the game.

Comment

There's others that are wires/boring to listen to.....look at his stats on paper he is awesome...just needed some help on the field.

Comment

Does he stand for the National Anthem?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                Did I say anything about playoff success? That is a factor, but there are exceptions to the rule. Marino is one.

I believe Romo is top 30 all time for passing yards.
                I brought up his personal stats and you think that isn't a qualification for HOF?
                So naturally I then bring up team success and you also don't think that is a qualification for HOF resume?

If it's not stats or playoff success please enlighten us as to what arbitrary factors matter in your eyes when determining what makes someone HOF worthy. Their ability to count using only even numbers? Their favorite color? The fork to spoon ratio in their silverware drawer?
                Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 09-24-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I hate the cowboys more then I hate mayonnaise...but I do like Play calling. I have learned a lot listening to him call the plays before they happen.

Comment

I've never been a cowboys fan, but I liked romo. Too bad he didn't have a defense that could protect a lead. It's a shame when a QB puts 40+points on the board and loses. That ain't the QBs fault.

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                      He is a great announcer because he is diagnosing and predicting things in real time as opposed to just saying what you already saw. If you watch a game he is calling you will learn more about football.
                      X2

Comment

I dont get it Romo wasnt anything to brag about but he must have some sort of following

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                          I brought up his personal stats and you think that isn't a qualification for HOF?
                          So naturally I then bring up team success and you also don't think that is a qualification for HOF resume?

If it's not stats or playoff success please enlighten us as to what arbitrary factors matter in your eyes when determining what makes someone HOF worthy. Their ability to count using only even numbers? Their favorite color? The fork to spoon ratio in their silverware drawer?
                          Lol....

Arbitrary stat would be 4th quarter passer rating. Sounds similar to your examples you posted there.

Not arbitrary:

Passing yards
                          Passing TDs
                          Playoff success
                          Wins

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                            I dont get it Romo wasnt anything to brag about but he must have some sort of following
                            Yes he does, to come from where he came from and to end up where he is, I don't think that is luck, he has something to brag about.

Comment

[ATTACH]874259[/ATTACH]

Comment

I thought he did a good job. He is certainly better than Troy Aikeman who sucks as an announcer. Troy is so bias on the Cowboys it hurts to listen him trying to comment on any game they are on.

Comment

Working...
                                X