Got after the whisker fish again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got after the whisker fish again!

37 yesterday, fish cleaned and home by 13:00. No real bigs today, largest was 12.5. Mostly solid 3-4 pounders.

That is a 110 quart ice chest, only about 20 pounds of ice in it. Red had to sit on it to keep them from flipping the lid open.

Going to give them a break this coming weekend. Heading to Cozumel on a boat Thursday.

Yous a stack-n that freezer full!

What lake?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Yous a stack-n that freezer full!

What lake?
      Private water outside of Angleton.

Freezer passed full a month ago. I’m giving all away now.

Comment

Man them's some purdy fish but *****, them feet!! hard to un-see some things!!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Man them's some purdy fish but *****, them feet!! hard to un-see some things!!
            Lol! I thought that was the fish bait.

J/k.. Good Job! Yall got some work ahead of you

Comment

Have you tried cutting the tails off before you put them on ice? It makes a mess but all the blood drains out and makes the meat better IMO.

Comment

Used to have access to a camper on the peninsula. If I ever get back down that way again, I may have to get with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                  Have you tried cutting the tails off before you put them on ice? It makes a mess but all the blood drains out and makes the meat better IMO.
                  Most of the time the bigger ones are still kicking when we start cleaning. We hang them and cut the tails off to bleed while we clean the little ones. Never had any issue with bad taste on fish up to 35 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Most of the time the bigger ones are still kicking when we start cleaning. We hang them and cut the tails off to bleed while we clean the little ones. Never had any issue with bad taste on fish up to 35 pounds.
                    They taste about the same either way but if you cut the tails off and put them in a running live well you will be shocked how much whiter the meat is. And how much less messy cleaning them can be with nearly zero blood inside.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      They taste about the same either way but if you cut the tails off and put them in a running live well you will be shocked how much whiter the meat is. And how much less messy cleaning them can be with nearly zero blood inside.
                      Get one of those cowboy cleaner bucket deals that you see at buckies. That thing will turn them Snow White!

Comment

Working...
                      X