No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy boys. We don't want to get this thread whacked via an argument or other. I like the thread too.

The hardest part about communicating on a social media web sight, is not seeing facial expressions, or hearing the other person's voice, when we are trying to communicate. And not all people have the same writing and communication skills.

We are all brothers and sisters here. Now carry on.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-20-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernCamo View Post
      Had a minute early this morning to dig a bit, pulled up a very nice birdie, very costly little nick on the base but I am just going to be grateful to have found it. I believe it's a scallorn looking at the base.
      My mom found that ones brother in falls county about 5 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Yea but here at TBH we usually don't flame a guy for asking a question like other forums do. We usually are happy to help out.
        Right on bad form on my part, lets keep it positive.

Comment

Its all good! By the way Justin, I like the new avatar pic.

Now for the sifter, It was once a pto driven peanut thrasher. I spent years reworking the darn thing and getting it where it sifts great and doesnt break anything. It was worn out 15 years ago when I made a sifter out of it. Just last week, I put an engine on it so I dont have to haul a tractor everywhere I sift.

Comment

Originally posted by wal1809 View Post
            Grown ups are talking here, take your school boy cracks back to the school yard.
            Hey listen I have no issues with pride I apologize for the tone of my post I tend to keep a heavy dose of harassment in even my most cordial comments, my message was on point but my delivery was poor.

Wal1809 I was in your exact position a few months back, I dug in hard on the information Garguy and Johnny have been kind enough to share on here and other threads. I tried to absorb all the free information I could so that when I was building a sifter and had a question it was obvious I had exhausted the information at hand as a result I hopefuly convey respect to their efforts and time.

A token of good will a pic and vid of my sifter attached, arguably one of the better mechanical sifter around, second fiddle to both of garguys sifters. Capable of holding 2000lbs of soil and leaving flawless birdies and larger artifacts on the screen when done.

Attached Files

Comment

Dang Justin, thats looking good. Did you get the push arms working good?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Now for the sifter, It was once a pto driven peanut thrasher. I spent years reworking the darn thing and getting it where it sifts great and doesnt break anything. It was worn out 15 years ago when I made a sifter out of it. Just last week, I put an engine on it so I dont have to haul a tractor everywhere I sift.
                New avatar is one of those south texas culls who was 10pt 5,yo 11pt 6yo and now at 7yo a regal 12pt.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang Justin, thats looking good. Did you get the push arms working good?
                  Yes sir, might need your bushing source, didnt have the right lube on one of them made the rubber breakup but still have two to go. Its about 100 decibels quiter than when you came out, most of the noise in the video is it sitting on a trailer. Been busy tending to my injured buddy that i havent beem able to run much more than a couple wet test loads.

Comment

Hauling an extra tractor was my concern too. I was planning to do a dig on a friend's ranch where the soil is mainly sandy loam. Did you install a diesel engine like on the other sifter? I'm trying to figure out which route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                      My mom found that ones brother in falls county about 5 months ago.

Thats a darn near it, yours has a nice fire treated red color on the tip and is perfect looking, great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy View Post
                        Hauling an extra tractor was my concern too. I was planning to do a dig on a friend's ranch where the soil is mainly sandy loam. Did you install a diesel engine like on the other sifter? I'm trying to figure out which route to go.
                        No. I would rather run diesel and my new one is but I bought the 14hp electric start from harbor freight for 379! Its a 2500rpm gas engine and i reduced that down 10 times so it has super power.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas on what Indians where along the Colorado River in Coleman County? We have been finding several artifacts.

Comment

Awesome really cool good hunting and digging

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                              Anyone have any ideas on what Indians where along the Colorado River in Coleman County? We have been finding several artifacts.
                              Could be any tribe from Comanche to Tonkawa to Apache to prehistoric people along the Colorado. Post up some of your finds and that will help (maybe start a new thread so we don't hijack this great one).

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                                Post up a new thread with them and we will try to help. I always love seeing what folks are finding. Likely though, they will be far older than any known tribes.

Comment

Working...
                                X