Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck.

Comment

Ok guys here is the biggest dilemma I have left. What broadhead I'm shooting. This would be a non issue except for how bad *** the new rage trypan is. It literally cut my antelopes spine in half. That said the iron will blew through a big pig I shot earlier in the year and is flying good to at least 60 yards. I will have 2 of the iron will and 3 of the trypan in my quiver. So it may just come down to how I'm feeling at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Earlier you said you were shooting for your daypack of being about 15#, did i read that correctly? Just curious if you ever got a final weight on it, and what it turned out to be? And was that with water?

Just curious because when i hunted Australia I could hardly get my day pack below 20# with a full water bladder. I can barely get my daughters diaper bag down to 15!

Comment

Also can you hunt elk with mechanicals in NM? I know some states still don't allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
            Earlier you said you were shooting for your daypack of being about 15#, did i read that correctly? Just curious if you ever got a final weight on it, and what it turned out to be? And was that with water?

Just curious because when i hunted Australia I could hardly get my day pack below 20# with a full water bladder. I can barely get my daughters diaper bag down to 15!

No I haven't weighed it yet. I will get you a weight tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              Also can you hunt elk with mechanicals in NM? I know some states still don't allow it.

Yes you can hunt them with a mechanical in NM. Idaho you can't. There may be more but that's the only one l know of.

Comment

I vote trypan. Would like to see how they hold up on a bigger animal

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                  I vote trypan. Would like to see how they hold up on a bigger animal

The only reason I will probably shoot the iron will
                  Is the fact that it is flying so good past 50. If I have a bull feeding at 70-80 broadside I will nock the trypan but most calling situations I'll nock the iron will

Comment

I vote trypan. I love em. But I have always been a rage believer. Dont want to turn this into a broadhead thread but thats my 2 cents.

Comment

I put a follow up shot in a bull a few days ago with a trypan. Not good penetration at all. Head held up well with only one blade bent. My slick trick went through the hard part of the front shoulder. Also the trypan is not a good option when stalking through thick brush. The new shock colar they have is not the best imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                        I put a follow up shot in a bull a few days ago with a trypan. Not good penetration at all. Head held up well with only one blade bent. My slick trick went through the hard part of the front shoulder. Also the trypan is not a good option when stalking through thick brush. The new shock colar they have is not the best imo.
                        Thats good info there. Ya I will shoot the Iron Will and have the trypan for follow up shots.

Comment

I don't understand shooting a weak expandable when there are so many better options available

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            I don't understand shooting a weak expandable when there are so many better options available
                            The trypan is FAR from a weak expandable. In my opinion its the strongest mechanical ever made

Comment

My trypans rattled like crazy which drives me crazy. None of my other Rage heads have done that as I recall.

That iron will looks bad *** and if you're spending that money and they fly right id not be putting a rage in my quiver.

Comment

Might want to along a shovel, grubbing hoe, loppers for around camp. Did not see those on your list.

Comment

Working...
                                X