Clear All

I'm your Huckleberry

Comment

sure...

Comment

Im willing to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
          We will exclude windmill shots and campfire shots.

I have talked to Don about this as well and he has a couple of ideas about how to accomplish this.

You're right it may not be worth while but I think it would be alot of fun and if someone gets bent out of shape because someone with better equipment beat them then they aren't really into the spirit of the contest anyway. IMO
          The minute you mention contest...you change the tone. Take that word out and make it "fun" and few will care who has the best toys. It's what some think slowed down the video "contest".
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Yep. Name a topic. Name a deadline. Set up a poll. Start the voting. Stop the voting. Name a winner.

Comment

So what is the first round category?

Format 2 pics per entry?

Sounds like a fun. Be nice to see some different shots of things....mixed up with other things you don't normally see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Yep. Name a topic. Name a deadline. Set up a poll. Start the voting. Stop the voting. Name a winner.
                That sounds like a plan. I am surprised by who suggested it

Hi Bobby!
                Jeff Young

Comment

Yall are gonna make me spend alot of money.!!!!! I don't need any help with that.

Comment

Set up a poll. Start the voting...
                    Now you are talking popularity contest.

Has to be judged outside the green screen. Therein lies the problem. Who would want to judge 100 images of windmills (or whatever) in a bragging rights contest?

I think it would be better to just say "OK, this week its Sunrises... post your best 2" and leave it at that.

Comment

I'll play. I know there are professional photographers on here and then there are the wannabes....you know who you are. I'm not even to that level. But....I'll find a way to cheat....

I suggest Jason picks the first month's theme then the winner each month picks the next month. I can't wait for Cajun Blakes' month!

Comment

I am the world's worst photographer but I'd like to learn more and maybe get better someday. I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          Now you are talking popularity contest.
                          To be honest, I think everyone can "man" up and be honest without letting "who you know" come into play. I know I can, and am sure others can as well.
                          Jeff Young

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                            The minute you mention contest...you change the tone. Take that word out and make it "fun" and few will care who has the best toys. It's what some think slowed down the video "contest".
                            Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Actually these 2 go hand in hand. Most of the folks I know of quit participating in the Video Challenge becuase it seemed to have become more of a popularity contest than an actual challenge. I don't care how you edit it or the music you add to it we are all hunters and someone shooting a Huge buck on video and it dying right there and nothing fancy happening is always going to win out over someone shooting a little ol doe and it running into the blind and mauling them before crashing into the side of their truck. Maybe thats not a popularity contest but it is fact and some of us have better opportunities at larger animals than the rest of us.

My hopes are that we can find someone, familiar with photography, who can judge these pics for what they are, nothing more and nothing less, and maybe make a comment about the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
                              To be honest, I think everyone can "man" up and be honest without letting "who you know" come into play. I know I can, and am sure others can as well.
                              It'll never happen. I think the world of most everyone here but I can honestly say I would lean toward a pic Don, Legdog or Atthewall posted, probably over lots of other folks just because of how long I have been admiring their work.

Comment

Prize

Maybe a little prize wouldn't hurt... Like a TBH sticker? Prize or no, it'd be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X