X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great picture!

Comment

Such an awesome shot.

Not that I expected anything else when I saw who posted this, but I'm so jealous! My new place has a herd of turkeys out back, after I heard a few gobbling yesterday I went off to track them down with the camera. It was the first time I've ever tried to get close to a turkey, none the less photograph one, so you can all imagine how well that went. Every time I got a glimpse of them, they got a glimpse of me and took off to the next pasture. I must have followed them for about an hour. Though I got closer each time and even watched two toms squaring off, I never got close enough to actually get a decent shot with a 200mm. I'm gonna need to sit behind some trees and have Steve call a few in for me, but even with his help I doubt I'll get anything decent. It is so much easier taking pictures of the dog.

Comment

awsome shot

Comment

Wow that is Awesome!

Comment

Great pic! You could sell that to a magazine. High Quality stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckAssassin View Post
              That's the idea!

Comment

LOL!

You might want to check the extensive client list on the web page link!

Comment

What lens/camera combo Russell?

Comment

Rob,
                    From above:

Originally posted by Russell Graves View Post
                    Thanks everyone.

I was at eye level, Shane. I was setting low and he was on a rise so it worked out nicely.

I spotted the rise when it was magically lit and kept hoping a turkey would walk up on it and gobble and he did.

As far as set-up, I was shooting from a pop-up blind with no decoys and I always use a diaphragm mouth call to get them to gobble on command.

I shot this image using a Canon 1D Mark III with a 500mm lens.

Manually focused and manually exposed at 1/250 @ f8 with an ISO of 640.

Thanks,

Russell Graves

Comment

Awesome photo, Russell! Welcome to the site!

Michael
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Awesome photo, Russell! Welcome to the site!

Michael
                        Thanks Michael,

I see that you are from Paris. I grew up just down the road from Paris at Dodd City. It is on Highway 82 between Honey Grove and Bonham and still get back that way quite a bit.

Comment

Cool. I'm relatively new to the area (moved here from Houston area a little over two years ago), but we're liking it. Let me know next time you're in town. We're always looking for an excuse to have a get together!

Michael
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                          X