Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is $1500 a little high for a 100 acre lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is $1500 a little high for a 100 acre lease?

I was cruising Craigslist today and ran across a few lease openings. One stood out but so I called on it. It is 100 acres year round bow only lease in Livingston, Polk Co. The land owner said that the property is still available and that he has had several guy go look at the place but none have jumped on it.....I asked how much he was charging $1500 for it. No water or electric either.........I thought that the price was a little high. I didn't tell the guy that and just kept the conversation simple and said thank you for the info and wished him a good day. What say the GS?
    Last edited by BubbaHFD; 07-22-2014, 10:00 PM.

How many people have acess to it, at 100 its a no If there is any other leasers. Family/ guest options.... limits to what you can or cant shoot. Would they tag off you? How big of deer/how many. Any other wildlife like turkey, hog, dove? Could be a stellar deal depending on the game and options and could also be a dud depending on those answers.

Comment

If it's for yourself only, I'd say 100 acres to bow hunt all to yourself, that's not a bad deal. I guess it really boils down to how bad you need a lease and the convenience factor. (Is it close enough that you'll save a lot of fuel money going back and forth, and the idea of it being close to you or not.

Comment

Way too high in my opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for 100 acres. Just the way I feel about it though.

Comment

It depends on how much it is worth to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fireman0684 View Post
            Way too high in my opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for 100 acres. Just the way I feel about it though.
            I agree with you.....that's along the lines of what I was thinking

For the other previous post.....it is in an AR county. 1 buck 13in or better, 1 spike or unbranched, 2 does only available in bow season till weekend before Turkey day. The owner says it's heavy wooded and for 1 hunter. The lease is in Polk Co which has a spring Turkey season but is very unlikely to see a bird

Comment

I saw that on Clist a while back also. If its close to you, you're the only one that will be on the lease, and you tour the property and it looks promising to you i'd say go for it.

Comment

Location location location.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  It depends on how much it is worth to you.
                  Yep. How convenient is it to you?

If it's close and has some deer traffic, $1,500 isn't all that bad for 100 acres by yourself and perhaps a guest.

A lot of people may think that price is high, but you can't extrapolate the price per acre on a large South Tx lease or whatever to a small 100 acre property.

Comment

Depends on how good the hunting is and the situation. Could be the sweetest deal around or a complete rip off.
                    Had a guy offer me $3,000 for the first 3 weeks of dove hunting on 52 acres today so who's to say what's too high. I passed on the deal.

Comment

$1500.00 is pretty cheap in south texas. Especially if you get the place all to yourself. I pay 4 times that much to hunt on 350 acres I lease for myself. Well worth it. I make my own rules and don't have to worry about running into another hunter. The only thing the land owner requests was make sure to take mature animals only. Which we do. The only downfall is the work portion. It bites when your the only one doing all the work. But work never scared me.

Comment

Never can tell on some places like that. Could be a steal if there are 130-150" bucks available every year.

Comment

Depends on whether or not you have other options
                          Do you see yourself getting 1500 worth of entertainment,peace and quiet etc.
                          Is it yours alone or is there another hunter as well
                          To me if I had no other options and it would be mine alone for the year it would probably be worth it.

Comment

depends on what's around it but 1500 is pretty cheap to have a place all to yourself

Comment

I wouldn't go for it simply because you can only hunt from October until weekend before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                              X