Recurve identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recurve identification

I have a “browning safari 1” in the 46# draw. Can anybody tell me anything else about it? How much does it stack up, at 28@ it is a 46 draw what would be the draw weight at 30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

put it on scale at bow shop

Comment

If my memory is right that is a short bow (52”/54”). I suspect it would start to stack at 30” and finger-pinch would be an issue.

Comment

genneral rule of thumb w/o a scale is 2.5-3# an inch. As far as stack, cant tell w/o pulling it or scaling it. some bows stack more that others.

Comment

From your post it sounds like you are new to recurves. If you are drawing 30" with a compound you will likely drop an inch or inch and a half in draw length with a recurve. So if the bow is 46@28, you will likely be drawing 46 to 48 and maybe less. People tend to over-estinate their draw with recurves and longbows. I used to draw 29 with a compound and draw about 27 with my longbow on a good day. It makes a big difference when tuning.
          Best to get a long arrow and mark off the inches from the pile end, then have someone video from the side when you are actually shooting.
          Better than struggling with poor arrow flight because you are over spined.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
            From your post it sounds like you are new to recurves. If you are drawing 30" with a compound you will likely drop an inch or inch and a half in draw length with a recurve. So if the bow is 46@28, you will likely be drawing 46 to 48 and maybe less. People tend to over-estinate their draw with recurves and longbows. I used to draw 29 with a compound and draw about 27 with my longbow on a good day. It makes a big difference when tuning.
            Best to get a long arrow and mark off the inches from the pile end, then have someone video from the side when you are actually shooting.
            Better than struggling with poor arrow flight because you are over spined.

I had a Martin jar guard for year and got pretty good 4”groups but I am new to information about recurves it started out just picking up a bow but I didn’t know nothing bout em

Comment

Over I’m happy with theses reply’s and any y’all know anything about the bow it self like if it’s prone to limb cracking or something

Comment

Brownings were high end bows. To my knowledge there were no manufacturing or design issues that would make them any more probe to cracking than other bows, but the real factor will be how it has been cared for since it was made. They are relatively short bows and could result in finger pinch with a long draw. I suggest you stay with B50 strings.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                  If my memory is right that is a short bow (52”/54”). I suspect it would start to stack at 30” and finger-pinch would be an issue.
                  the short recurve bow's ive had in the past start stacking @ 29'', just from personal experience, i have a bear super mag and its a 35# but my draw is 30'' so its pulling right at 41# on my bow scale....i love the short recurves especially for spot and stalk hunting but **** they are not as forgiving as a 60''-64'' recurve or longbow

Comment

Working...
                  X