Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm Rusty, and I'm a techno moron...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, I've always been proud to be known as old school, old fashioned, etc.....But, this not being able to figure out how to post pictures is bout to drive me crazy !!! I have a photo album full of my down-loaded sd cards, but cannot figure out how to put one on here for the life of me. I've tried the FAQ, attachments, bla bla, but still no luck. Any help is extremely appreciated. And please, keep it plain, redneck, non computer lingo if you can I can see a lot of baby talk, cave man, and who knows what comin my way. Oh well, bring it on. God Bless, Rusty

Are the pictures on your phone or computer?

Comment

They are right here on this iPad I'm using at this moment in my "photo albums" . Thanks for the reply Smart. God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Click on Go Advanced at the bottom of the screen

Click on the paper clip and the manage attachments window should pull up.

In the manage attachments window click the first "Choose File" or "Browse"

Chose "photo library"

Click on picture you want to use.

Click upload

Click red X in top right corner to close the manage attachments window.

Click submit reply

Voila!!
        Last edited by Smart; 07-30-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

This is the method I use, but be warned, if your picture is bigger than 640x480, you will need to resize it down to that. Otherwise, you will not be able to load the pic.

Bisch

Comment

Beat me to it.
            Also at the bottom of the attachments page it shows how big different files have to be.
            Last edited by switchback; 07-30-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I edited some of it to break it up some. **** pics are huge.

Comment

Smart, that is good info right there! I coulda made it work, but after the "paper clip", my screen has no "browse" in bold, only "choose file" in very faint writing. And the saga continues, sorry guys...God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                  Smart, that is good info right there! I coulda made it work, but after the "paper clip", my screen has no "browse" in bold, only "choose file" in very faint writing. And the saga continues, sorry guys...God Bless, Rusty

Like i said above, it can be Browse or Choose file depending on mobile or computer. .....you are fine.. Click Choose file if that is what comes up.
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-30-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Ok, what I'm tryin to say is, it won't LET me click on it . Appreciate yalls patience.. Will continue the battle tomorrow, work comes early in the morn God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Works for me on my iPhone

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	24394913

Comment

Here's an alternative.

Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account. Create a folder called 2015 and upload the pictures to that folder that you want to have on TBH. There will be a link you can post. I find I have to put the html image notations of [img} and [/img} before and after the link. You need to substitute the "]" for the "}" I wrote-otherwise they would have designated an image.

Comment

I am not the most tech savy guy, but even I figured out how to use Paint to resize my pictures so that I can post. May not be the best way or quickest but it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                            I am not the most tech savy guy, but even I figured out how to use Paint to resize my pictures so that I can post. May not be the best way or quickest but it works for me.
                            Paint.net is what I use every day to draw my geologic maps. It's a great tool and not real hard to learn. For what it's worth I size my pictures to 750x750 or less and that works here.

Comment

Jason, you are way more patient than me, after I figured it out its easy but I always used photobucket in the past, thanks for the lesson.

Comment

Working...
                              X