String warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String warranty question

I have had my Energy E35 for a couple of months and I am having a problem with the string twisting. Yesterday I was shooting with a friend and it started twisting my peep. I would get him to straighten it out when I drew back but it would just twist again after a few shots.
    I see that the strings are guaranteed to not twist, will they make me take to bow back to the selling dealer? I bought the bow at Cinnamon Creek and that is a long drive for me.
    If I am going to have to spend $50 in gas and waste most of a day would I be better off just to buy some strings from a different company that makes strings that I will not give me trouble.

How much is it spinning? Bring it to a shop and have them put a twist in the string then try it

Comment

I would just call Elite Customer Service and ask that very question. (877) 503-5483

Comment

I called Winners Choice and they told me to take it to a bow shop and get them to twist the string.

Comment

Your strings have finally settled that's all it is

Comment

How many shots through the bow (over the course of the couple months yourve owned it) till it started this issue? just curious

Comment

I have owned and tuned quite a few Energy series bows. I always put 50 shots through them via bareshaft and a limbdriver with no cord just to be sure. Of the few I have checked prior to and after, they have no moved at all.

Haven't had one move at all or settle on the stock strings.

Is your d loop twisting or what exactly do you mean by "twisting"?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                I have owned and tuned quite a few Energy series bows. I always put 50 shots through them via bareshaft and a limbdriver with no cord just to be sure. Of the few I have checked prior to and after, they have no moved at all.

Haven't had one move at all or settle on the stock strings.

Is your d loop twisting or what exactly do you mean by "twisting"?
                The peep I know is twisting, I would have to look at the bow to see if the D loop is twisted.
                I shot the bow a little over 100 times before I attempted to sight it in, I started hitting low on my target and then I pulled back and could not see thru peep.
                I have decided to put new strings on the bow and I am going with Korbin strings, not only because of the twisting but there is a strand broken in the string.

Comment

You won't regret the Korbin's Strings!! Top notch!! That's all I'll shoot now!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1FowlHnTR View Post
                    You won't regret the Korbin's Strings!! Top notch!! That's all I'll shoot now!!
                    Do you mind telling me what material you get your string.

Comment

I don't think the winner's choice warranty covers OEM strings on bow but I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Rick View Post
                        How many shots through the bow (over the course of the couple months yourve owned it) till it started this issue? just curious
                        I would guess somewhere between 300 and 350 shots

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
                          I have decided to put new strings on the bow and I am going with Korbin strings, not only because of the twisting but there is a strand broken in the string.
                          There you go. That explains it. Broken strand will allow it to move like that.

Where is it broke? Where the peep is at in the string? Just curious because I haven't seen a broken strand out of the BCY X material so far.

Comment

Hey I am getting some serving separation on my WC strings on my 35. I have only had the bow since March. Does WC warranty the strings or would it be best to get new threads if it gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                              There you go. That explains it. Broken strand will allow it to move like that.

Where is it broke? Where the peep is at in the string? Just curious because I haven't seen a broken strand out of the BCY X material so far.
                              It was hanging out about a half a inch and if I can remember right it was about 5-6 inches below peep.

Comment

Working...
                              X