Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #251
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Yep. Poleace dont do squat but ride around , eat donuts and ask to search your truck for no reason.

Identified 2 robbery suspects via fingerprints on a cardboard box this week regards
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
My whole family was in law enforcement. I have the utmost respect for our first responders. Our current justice system however is broken. I've had 3 different instances in the last few years where I, or my neighbor had undeniable evidence of crimes being committed; and NOTHING was done. I had one of the Thugs brother willing to turn the punk into the Sheriff, and still NOTHING. I think the reason is because our system is overloaded. Why arrest these guys that are a drain on the system and just cost money. It's more cost effective to put people in jail that need to get out to go back to work Monday morning. That guy will pay into the system and not milk it dry. I wouldn't want to be a LEO in this day and age. Gone are the good ole days when you could just tune a guy up if he needed it the old fashion way.
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #252
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post

You could always get a couple buddies and just wake up his driveway to say hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why Ike whatever do you mean
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #253
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
since LEO is taking the conservative approach, this is what I would do: Catch that fox red-handed in the chicken coop.

Discreetly set up 2 trail cameras that send live picture images or video to your cell phone. Place one near the front entrance of your property and leave the gate open and set the "trap". Position the other trail cam near your feeder ... place a cheap old climbing tree stand or other hunting items near your feeder where suspect would be tempted to steal it and place in the bed of his truck.

Once you receive picture notification he's on your property, get home ASAP, close the gate, and lock with chain & padlocks. Immediately call the GW or local LEO reporting you heard "shots fired" and you have the suspect locked inside your property. Once realizing he's "locked in", he may get nervous and try to drive through your fence, thus warranting criminal damage to property charges.

Set this dude up like a bowling pin
I like this idea but can we have Jason build a high fence coral trap with a Jager Pro guillotine style trap door. Then we can set up a live feed from his cellular trail cam and we can watch him try to escape!!!
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #254
Calfroper81
Six Point

Hunt In: Hempstead & Mexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post

You could always get a couple buddies and just wake up his driveway to say hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im your Huckleberry
Calfroper81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #255
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayDog View Post
For the record Iíve never been picked up by the alleged trespasser nor have I aided or abetted the alleged with said alleged trespassing.
Okay, you're cleared!
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #256
White Falcon
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!

update?
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #257
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon View Post
update?
Gate wasn't opened today when I went by. Phone wasn't answered either. Truck did move. I plan to visit this wknd no matter what.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #258
CEO
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
The way I see it, since you've made it pubic knowledge you are probably better off to get the sheriff involved now. Bad thing is, nowadays they don't do much. Once you tell them of your intentions to confront the guy, they will probably tell you not to take matters into your hand and to let them handle it. Then after 6 months of calling the sheriff assigned to the case and getting no satisfaction, you'll just give up. At least that's how they work here in Brazoria county.
My dad saw where some meth heads from across the street had barricaded themselves in his storage building during a raid the night before. He didn't know if they were still in there so he called the cops. The dispatcher told him it would be later that afternoon before they could send an officer. He said it's fine I have my pistol with me. She said sir no don't do that, we have an officer in the area. Five minutes later they pulled up. Dad is as laid back as they come but trespassing meth addicts in one of his buildings will give him the red *** in a hurry.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #259
Muskles
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
Gate wasn't opened today when I went by. Phone wasn't answered either. Truck did move. I plan to visit this wknd no matter what.
Be careful Jason. When you go visit him, you'll be the one trespassing. It would suck for him to press charges, or "defend" his property while you're questioning him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 11:20 PM   #260
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskles View Post
Be careful Jason. When you go visit him, you'll be the one trespassing. It would suck for him to press charges, or "defend" his property while you're questioning him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
True dat. Be careful.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #261
sbushee
Eight Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

What’s the word?
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top