Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #101
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?
Its a play on both sayings.....more sarcastic than anything. I have heard it for years.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #102
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;

Well than Iím confused cause I donít see house listed as ďproperty of anotherĒ huh must not be property then.

Listen I hope he identifies the guy and issues him a CTW for starters and takes it from there. The reason trespassers suck so much is because there isnít much you can do, even if you get them arrested, good luck with having the charge stick. Like others have pointed out all heís gonna tell the judge is that he wanted to say hello.

On the other side of that if you have pictures of him approaching that camera presumably to turn it off I think you would greatly increase the chances of the judge ruling favorably

Yíall just wanna shoot people and hang em high. This is texas but it ainít the Wild West.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #103
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?
I had surgery on my rocket once. Been getting brain ever since.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #104
whopper1800
Four Point

Meanwhile here in Wilson & Karnes County some well intentioned people are going onto peopleís property and setting stacked round hay bales on fire.
5 places hit w over 400 bales burnt.
Farmers around here are locked&loaded.
whopper1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #105
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Good luck getting to the bottom of this Jason. I know exactly how frustrating this can be.. You need to catch him on your property with a firearm to really have any chance of any kind of punishment..
Heck I once chased a guy from a place we used to hunt, in Leon county, all the way to his house. Called the game warden while setting in the drive way of the tresspassers house and the GW said that I needed to restrain him on our property the next time.. He wouldn't even come to the house..

This is exactly my point....and it Ps me off too that it seems laws favor the bad folk but thatís the times we are in....canít just shoot people for stepping foot on your property. Itís not the GW or any other LEO not wanting to do their job itís the way laws are written that ties hands.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #106
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
This is exactly my point....and it Ps me off too that it seems laws favor the bad folk but thatís the times we are in....canít just shoot people for stepping foot on your property. Itís not the GW or any other LEO not wanting to do their job itís the way laws are written that ties hands.
I blame crooked lawyers and liberal judges for muddying the waters between right and wrong!!!! The deck is stacked against LEO's from the get go because of this..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:30 AM   #107
rladner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
There's a difference in pulling into someone's drive and coming up to the house and introducing yourself and stating your purpose. I think most people would be skeptical of anyone who pulls up to their house, but after a quick conversation would get comfortable if intentions were good.

This guy obviously wasn't looking for the OP to have a chat.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #108
J-Carp
Ten Point

I donít think anyone on here doesnít want the OP to ID this fella. The problem is the majority just want blood while the minority are sayin whoa, you gotta see what his intentions are before you go to pullin triggers.

I think we also all agree this guys activity is suspicious at the very minimum but you still gotta see what his intentions are.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #109
TexasTealHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: North / Central Texas

Wish we could start this thread over or wipe away some of the unwanted mess to see when he gets caught, to many unrelated bantering going on and hard to scroll through it all... Hope you get him Antlers! Law will find him w/ pics you have.
TexasTealHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #110
Radar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper1800 View Post
Meanwhile here in Wilson & Karnes County some well intentioned people are going onto peopleís property and setting stacked round hay bales on fire.
Was this near New Davy or Weesatche?
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #111
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
This thought process is the problem.

Also a misuse of ďfrugalĒ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #112
BlackHogDown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default They're lurking...

Quote:
It is prevalent on here. Post anything about trespassers or poachers and watch them come out of the wood work to defend their own.
Yup. Last fall (my first hunting season on TBH), I posted some pics and a write up about the deer I was seeing on my family's property after a successful hunt. Immediately I got all sorts of PMs. A couple guys said something to the tune of, "Give me a shout when you're down. Come have a beer by the fire." Others were blatantly asking for our location and I naively gave it up. There was an immediate uptick in poaching after. Unfortunately we don't use game cams. Only evidence we had was the tampering with feeders/blinds. Not all of us here are honest, respectful hunters. Definitely learned my lesson.

OP, hope you catch the sorry sacks of …. Some of the comments here blow my mind.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 05-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #113
odogg
Four Point

Hunt In: San Diego, Tx

Get that trespassing arsecrack. You have the right to protect yourself and your property. I hope you find him soon. Good luck!
odogg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #114
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
I donít think anyone on here doesnít want the OP to ID this fella. The problem is the majority just want blood while the minority are sayin whoa, you gotta see what his intentions are before you go to pullin triggers.

I think we also all agree this guys activity is suspicious at the very minimum but you still gotta see what his intentions are.
I read your comment, then decided to go back to the beginning of the thread to find the "majority" who are asking for blood. I ready 1.5 pages (about 75 posts) and found 3 that might/maybe/possibly could be lumped into your comment of "majority asking for blood". One was simply a picture of a gun barrel, but never mentioned shooting or killing, I took it to mean, get off my land. One said spike strip (no mention of bodily injury) and one said he would throw rocks (generally very brutal and bloody end ). I think you are getting worked up more than most. OP is simply asking to ID the guy. This isn't a hanging........yet
Old 05-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #115
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Landowners should not even have to have no trespassing signs. Just a fence.

Shouldnt even need a fence. If it isnt your place, or you dont have permission by the owner to be there, stay the heck OUT!
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #116
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper1800 View Post
Why do you call them "well-intentioned"?
Old 05-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #117
txhunter007
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
I believe he is joking.
txhunter007 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #118
whopper1800
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Was this near New Davy or Weesatche?

4 places near Poth then a few days later couple places out towards Coy City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #119
whopper1800
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post

My bad attempt at sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #120
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

PM sent 35remington
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #121
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Man, now I want to know the outcome.

It's kind of surprising that he'd drive in there when the gate was open. That screams "owner is here" to me, but it happened at my old place all the time.

About 9 of us shared a front gate and a ROW to access our land. I'd be at my place, which was close to a mile in, and I'd see a truck coming down the road and assume it was one of my neighbors. They keep coming and get all the way to my place, see my truck, slam on the brakes and turn around and high tail it out.

I basically gave my hay rights to a local for free just to know he was constantly out there watching over everything. And he did a great job. Not someone that would tolerate any nonsense at all.
BitBackShot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #122
Laner7
Eight Point

Had a similar issue on our place. 1st off be careful if you approach him the guy we caught was hot headed & throwing his hands up at us until my brother pulled the gun out and I took his guns out of his truck. The guy did get charged with criminal trespass & a few other things, but couldn't get him good, because we had left our gate open, because we were in the same pasture hunting. Lesson learned now every gate gets closed & locked whether we are going in or out.
2nd. Make sure you have no trespass signs on your gate.. we also have signs stating we aren't responsible for any injuries that may happen on our land. As well as our #s on it. The game warden also recommended that we painted our vertical poles going through the gate purple.. this way if the gate is open and they can't see the no trespass signs than they have no excuse cause the purple paint is on there.
Laner7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #123
JeffK
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
There's a difference in pulling into someone's drive and coming up to the house and introducing yourself and stating your purpose. I think most people would be skeptical of anyone who pulls up to their house, but after a quick conversation would get comfortable if intentions were good.

This guy obviously wasn't looking for the OP to have a chat.
I agree now. I didn't catch that he drove all over his place and snooped around until antler recent comment.

Last edited by JeffK; 05-15-2018 at 11:26 AM.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #124
npe001
Ten Point

Hunt In: Madisonville, Tx

Good luck finding the guy OP.
npe001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #125
JeffK
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laner7 View Post
Had a similar issue on our place. 1st off be careful if you approach him the guy we caught was hot headed & throwing his hands up at us until my brother pulled the gun out and I took his guns out of his truck. The guy did get charged with criminal trespass & a few other things, but couldn't get him good, because we had left our gate open, because we were in the same pasture hunting. Lesson learned now every gate gets closed & locked whether we are going in or out.
2nd. Make sure you have no trespass signs on your gate.. we also have signs stating we aren't responsible for any injuries that may happen on our land. As well as our #s on it. The game warden also recommended that we painted our vertical poles going through the gate purple.. this way if the gate is open and they can't see the no trespass signs than they have no excuse cause the purple paint is on there.
good info
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #126
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: All types of weather conditions

Quote:
But this isn't the world wide web. This is a specific forum with infinite resources to include people that live all around you that have eyes and ears. The OP tapped this resource to perform a specific function that he could not do, knowing there are members on here that can.
He canít flag the guy down even though he sees him every week?
sbushee is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 PM   #127
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
Well than Iím confused cause I donít see house listed as ďproperty of anotherĒ huh must not be property then.

Listen I hope he identifies the guy and issues him a CTW for starters and takes it from there. The reason trespassers suck so much is because there isnít much you can do, even if you get them arrested, good luck with having the charge stick. Like others have pointed out all heís gonna tell the judge is that he wanted to say hello.

On the other side of that if you have pictures of him approaching that camera presumably to turn it off I think you would greatly increase the chances of the judge ruling favorably

Yíall just wanna shoot people and hang em high. This is texas but it ainít the Wild West.
See "building" in the statute. That is your home, or shed, or garage, or barn or whatever the legal definition of a building is to the state of TX.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #128
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
Yeah, sure. So what is the OP to do when the guy shoots him on the side of the road? The OP doesn't know this guy from Adam other than the fact Adam still hasn't criminally trespassed his property.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #129
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #130
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laner7 View Post

Thank you for putting some first hand experience to what Iíve been saying. The law is a tricky little devil. Everyone is going on about how you shouldnít need fences, signs or this or that. I wasnít saying I necessarily disagree with that, cause I donít but if this person is truly a **** do your due diligence so that when you do catch him the charges stick. As lancer posted above a couple of signs and an open gate wonít get you that.

It is incredibly unfortunate that us lawful citizens have to spend more money and time to protect what is already ours from the people who try to take or mistreat it.

Go get him and hang him high if thatís what he deserves. Iím just saying the more locked gates, purple paint, signs in at least English and Spanish you have...the harder it will be for him or his lawyer to BS their way out of a charge.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #131
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
I can and I will. Why wait though for the next time. I have a name. He will be getting a visit from me properly without me trespassing. He may just get a phone call!

To top it off the name came from someone here who knows the truck and guy! TBH at it's best!

Good news!
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:29 PM   #132
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tamplias Chiwawa, Mejico

Is there any 271 class deer on the property. Asking for a friend
CrookedArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #133
Outlaw_6
Ten Point

Hunt In: LA and "The H"

Sss
Outlaw_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #134
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
See "building" in the statute. That is your home, or shed, or garage, or barn or whatever the legal definition of a building is to the state of TX.

I understand man, but if you determine his intent you can perhaps take the charge up from criminal Trespass to a high charge.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #135
CrookedArrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tamplias Chiwawa, Mejico

Quote:
Home/residence, Superfund site, carries a deadly weapon is a Class A. The others mentioned are Class B misdemeanors.
CrookedArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #136
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
Sss
There it is!!! hahaha
Old 05-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #137
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
I understand man, but if you determine his intent you can perhaps take the charge up from criminal Trespass to a high charge.
I am answering where you said you didn't see house in the statute. That is all.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #138
Hunting4fun
Four Point

When you call the guy record it. I'd like to hear a bunch of ummm ummm you see. ummm well well ummmm

Actually put all of us on a 200 way conference call. What could go wrong?
Hunting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #139
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

I can't believe you didn't lay him out a welcome mat Jason! How ruuuuuuude!
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #140
Gclyde28
Six Point

I would absolutely record that phone call.

May want to double check to make sure but I think that in Texas only one person has to know that they are recording a conversation and that can be the person doing the recording.
Gclyde28 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #141
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I needed that laugh! Next visit he makes we will have a LIVE TBH arse whoopin thread!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #142
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

I will be driving by his house on my way home this afternoon and see if truck is anywhere in sight.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #143
J-Carp
Ten Point

Quote:
I am answering where you said you didn't see house in the statute. That is all.

I see that and after reading it again I wasnít very clear. Thatís my bad.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #144
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
You mis-typed "Lay him out on a welcome mat."
Old 05-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #145
Leon County Slayer
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

pea gravel and think with a clear head....only advice I'd give.
Leon County Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #146
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SABINAL, Sonora, Bastrop, Carrizozo NM

So...is he dead yet?
solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #147
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)

I am in for the evening update. OP, remember to take a deep breath before the tire irons come into play.
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #148
BolilloLoco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County

Id go drive around in his yard for a bit, before I knocked on the door.
BolilloLoco is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #149
rladner
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolilloLoco View Post
that made me laugh
Old 05-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #150
160class
Ten Point

Hunt In: Catarina, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolilloLoco View Post
I like this idea!

Tagged for the outcome
160class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top