Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #51
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
Seriously? I live here! This is my home property. I do not know the guy personally. He frequents our road as I recognize the vehicle. Is he an adjoining neighbor? No! Does he have the right to just go through my gate and help himself 15 minutes around my property? No!

I want a name and instead of waiting for his sorry a to take another joy ride on my place I will post a pic and see if I can get details. Clear enough? Do I need to add to my story?

Land is no different than a home! How would some of you like to come home and know someone's just helped themselves into your place and looked around? Frustrating especially after dealing with hog doggers 2 months ago! People need to respect other people's property!
Anvilhead, this isn't directed at you FYI. Not directed at anyone really unless the shoe fits.

Jason, too many people that have never owned land before (not leased) don't understand that's your home, not your lease. They think its okay for people to just walk around over you land, cut fences, shoot up the place, trash your stands etc..... Look up my trespasser threads and see how many TBH members flamed me for daring to protect my property. Good indicator on how many have no problem crossing fences and hunting other peoples land. Its called poaching and trespassing and they should be hung by their tiny ***** from the nearest tree for an hour or two so they can think about what they've done.

Last edited by J Sweet; 05-14-2018 at 03:17 PM.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #52
txhunter007
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Anvilhead, this isn't directed at you FYI. Not directed at anyone really unless the shoe fits.

Jason, too many people that have never owned land before (not leased) don't understand that's your home, not your lease. They think its okay for people to just walk around over you land, cut fences, shoot up the place, trash your stands etc..... Look up my trespasser threads and see how many TBH members flamed me for daring to protect my property. Good indicator on how many have no problem crossing fences and hunting other peoples land. Its called poaching and trespassing and they should be hung by their tiny dicks from the nearest tree for an hour or two so they can think about what they've done.
X2
txhunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #53
sbushee
Ten Point
 
sbushee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: The Outside
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon View Post
Happens all over the U.S.
Very true, but this thread is regarding an east Texas property/property owner.
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #54
White Falcon
Pope & Young
 
White Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Holly Lake Ranch
Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!
Default

I know, I even read the posts! Just a comment! Also I live in East TX!
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #55
J-Carp
Ten Point
 
J-Carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bryan, TX
Default

Is the gate designed to keep things in or things out?

Has he cut or damaged the gate or lock in order to get in or does he only visit when itís open.

How would one know they are not welcome to enter the property? Any signage or indicators?
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #56
Fargus
Ten Point
 
Fargus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Willis
Hunt In: DeWitt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
Is the gate designed to keep things in or things out?

Has he cut or damaged the gate or lock in order to get in or does he only visit when it’s open.

How would one know they are not welcome to enter the property? Any signage or indicators?
So we now assume that an open gate or lack of a gate is an open invitation to enter a property that doesn't belong to you or you have been previously been given permission to enter?? SMDH

If I see your front door open I am welcome to just walk into your home with no invitation other than an open front door?

Last edited by Fargus; 05-14-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Fargus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 08:14 PM   #57
JhuntsAlot
Four Point
 
JhuntsAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Between Conroe and The Woodlands
Hunt In: Houston County, Kendall County, where friends are.
Default

Remote operated electric gate, maybe with solar charger?

If it’s truly a dedicated privatly owned road to your property only they shouldn’t be there and signs should be adheared to. Otherwise they could get shot.

But I know there are “private roads” that go through privately owned land pretty often. Not that this is the case here.


J
JhuntsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #58
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default

I'm at a loss to understand the comments disparaging the OP. I can only assume you are folks that have never owned any property. Once you've found, bought, and worked your *** off building a piece of land up into what you want, you don't want any goober off the street treating it like it's public land.

I lock my gate going and coming, it looks the same whether I'm there or not. If you know me, you can call and if I'm there I'll open it. If you don't know me, you're not welcome. BTW, I treat other folks' property the same way.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #59
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Heights
Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I'm at a loss to understand the comments disparaging the OP. I can only assume you are folks that have never owned any property. Once you've found, bought, and worked your *** off building a piece of land up into what you want, you don't want any goober off the street treating it like it's public land.

I lock my gate going and coming, it looks the same whether I'm there or not. If you know me, you can call and if I'm there I'll open it. If you don't know me, you're not welcome. BTW, I treat other folks' property the same way.
I questioned OPs turning to TBH to track down the guy when there appeared to be other local options. That sent OP into melt mode. That being the situation, I would like to clear the air (if you were including my exchange in your post). I am 110% behind landowner rights and the prosecution of trespassers. It was pointed out that this guy may have been on OPs land with good intentions, but we really know thatís not the case. He saw an open gate and took it as his opportunity to do a scouting mission. Had OP caught him he wouldíve come up with some two bit excuse about looking for dogs or what have you. If my post earlier came off as disparaging I apologize perhaps Iím cranky today .....I worked my *** off all weekend on my land.
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #60
sbushee
Ten Point
 
sbushee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: The Outside
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I'm at a loss to understand the comments disparaging the OP. I can only assume you are folks that have never owned any property. Once you've found, bought, and worked your *** off building a piece of land up into what you want, you don't want any goober off the street treating it like it's public land.

I lock my gate going and coming, it looks the same whether I'm there or not. If you know me, you can call and if I'm there I'll open it. If you don't know me, you're not welcome. BTW, I treat other folks' property the same way.
The OP said he sees the truck weekly. Wouldnít it be easy to just flag him down when you see him instead of going out and ranting on the World Wide Web? Just a thought.
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:49 PM   #61
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I'm at a loss to understand the comments disparaging the OP. I can only assume you are folks that have never owned any property. Once you've found, bought, and worked your *** off building a piece of land up into what you want, you don't want any goober off the street treating it like it's public land.

I lock my gate going and coming, it looks the same whether I'm there or not. If you know me, you can call and if I'm there I'll open it. If you don't know me, you're not welcome. BTW, I treat other folks' property the same way.
I'm not sure if your talking about my comment but it was one of the few that was not for stoning this fellow at first sight but it was also not disparaging the op. I just suggested that not everyone pulling through your front gate has ill intentions.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #62
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Ranch View Post
A lot of Melanin in that elbow skin. Good luck solving your problem.
I saw this too. Prolly spider web tat. Pinche vendejo.

Gettem gone Antler86. Good luck.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 11:11 PM   #63
Briar Friar
Ten Point
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: San Gabriel, Colorado and Rio Grande watersheds
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
No, my truck is white and has a ďIíd rather step in sh*t than smoke itĒ bumper sticker on the back.
I dont get the bumper sticker.

Likey dookie? No likey doobie?
Hardcore.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 11:42 PM   #64
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point
 
Anvilheadtexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston Heights
Hunt In: Barnum (Polk County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
I dont get the bumper sticker.

Likey dookie? No likey doobie?
Hardcore.
No man, the comment was made in response to Lone Wolfís original reply to my post. His initial response was something to the effect that the trespasser was possibly me. I grabbed his quote and replied with the bumper sticker response (itís a Jerry Jeff Walker reference). It was weird because he must have edited his response right when I grabbed the quote making my post seem from left field. In regard to your question, I have no issues with the doobie.
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #65
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point
 
TX_Hoghunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fruitvale, TX
Hunt In: Harper, TX
Default

For the people that don't think the OP should have had the nerve to post about this here is a suggestion.......just scroll on by.......If you do not think this should be a discussion then please feel free to not discuss it......

Personally I just live a few miles north of Canton so I am in the neighborhood and I appreciate the post about trespassing scumbags so I can keep an eye on them up here in my neck of the woods. I probably will never see them but you just don't know.

-john
TX_Hoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 07:44 AM   #66
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
The OP said he sees the truck weekly. Wouldnít it be easy to just flag him down when you see him instead of going out and ranting on the World Wide Web? Just a thought.
But this isn't the world wide web. This is a specific forum with infinite resources to include people that live all around you that have eyes and ears. The OP tapped this resource to perform a specific function that he could not do, knowing there are members on here that can.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #67
bauce302
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 5th ward
Default

This wont even sniff the gulf!
bauce302 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #68
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
But this isn't the world wide web. This is a specific forum with infinite resources to include people that live all around you that have eyes and ears. The OP tapped this resource to perform a specific function that he could not do, knowing there are members on here that can.
Exactly! I didn't post here asking for everyone's to be on the lookout. I simply asked if someone could clear the license plate number up. I have no way of doing so and have seen it done many times here. Some people need to learn to hit the back button!

Man what has happened to TBH. SMDH at some of the responses and questions being asked.

I have contacted all local authorities and neighbors. They are all aware and I already have more info why he is here on a regular basis. It's just a waiting game now.

For the 4 members who have text and called me that are probably 30 miles or less away I appreciate the extra eyes.

Before I go into anymore of a "Melt Mode" I better stop here.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #69
J-Carp
Ten Point
 
J-Carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bryan, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
So we now assume that an open gate or lack of a gate is an open invitation to enter a property that doesn't belong to you or you have been previously been given permission to enter?? SMDH

If I see your front door open I am welcome to just walk into your home with no invitation other than an open front door?


Dwellings are completely different than property. Iím not discrediting the OPs issue but you canít cry wolf without first doing your due diligence no matter how frugal it may seem
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #70
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
Dwellings are completely different than property. Iím not discrediting the OPs issue but you canít cry wolf without first doing your due diligence no matter how frugal it may seem
House, land, car it doesn't matter they all fall under Property of another individual!

Yes there were 2 "No Trespassing" signs that he went by.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #71
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
Dwellings are completely different than property. Iím not discrediting the OPs issue but you canít cry wolf without first doing your due diligence no matter how frugal it may seem
Logical fallacy. So your back yard is not your dwelling. I am free to drive on up your drive way and if your back gate is open I can head on in? Dip in the pool maybe?
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 AM   #72
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #73
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
Dwellings are completely different than property. Iím not discrediting the OPs issue but you canít cry wolf without first doing your due diligence no matter how frugal it may seem


This thought process is the problem.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #74
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
This thought process is the problem.
It is prevalent on here. Post anything about trespassers or poachers and watch them come out of the wood work to defend their own.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #75
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
As John Wayne says "Get the hell off my spread"
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #76
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

I did the best I could with the photos. Your Covert camera does not have a high-enough shutter speed to capture moving vehicles.
My best guess on the plate is that it's six digits long, and reads XK?DW?.
I also think they are military veteran plates, given the red lettering at the bottom. Look here and see if you find a match: http://www.epcounty.com/taxoffice/veteranplates.htm

The elbow and the view of the cab in the pics you sent definitely makes me think "old white guy," not melanin.



35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #77
Bullydog
Pope & Young
 
Bullydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tom Bean
Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton
Default

Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #78
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Dang Carp, you're a special kind of ignernt!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #79
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Thanks Ben! I appreciate the help. Definitely older gentleman. Then one pic I sent you clearly shows his arm better. 60s was my guess.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #80
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullydog View Post
Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.
Well said. Thank you!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #81
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default



Looks like.... AK-...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #82
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Front cleared plate helps
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #83
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
Yes there were 2 "No Trespassing" signs that he went by.
Yes, but were they in Spanish???

Good luck. Trespassers suck.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #84
J-Carp
Ten Point
 
J-Carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bryan, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
House, land, car it doesn't matter they all fall under Property of another individual!



Yes there were 2 "No Trespassing" signs that he went by.


It does matter. Iím not sure where ďproperty of another individualĒ is in the penal code but habitations, vehicles, and land are all protected differently. Youíre talking about criminal Trespass and there are certain elements you need to meet for that. Itís not a matter of what other people on here playing devils advocate have or donít have itís a matter of this person meeting the elements of a crime. Face value, which is two signs and an open gate...I donít think that is enough to arrest someone for. Like others have mentioned his intent would need to be known.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #85
J-Carp
Ten Point
 
J-Carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bryan, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Logical fallacy. So your back yard is not your dwelling. I am free to drive on up your drive way and if your back gate is open I can head on in? Dip in the pool maybe?


No, your back yard is not your dwelling. And yes you could up until the point the owner or authority for the property told you to leave.
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:52 AM   #86
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
It does matter. Iím not sure where ďproperty of another individualĒ is in the penal code but habitations, vehicles, and land are all protected differently. Youíre talking about criminal Trespass and there are certain elements you need to meet for that. Itís not a matter of what other people on here playing devils advocate have or donít have itís a matter of this person meeting the elements of a crime. Face value, which is two signs and an open gate...I donít think that is enough to arrest someone for. Like others have mentioned his intent would need to be known.

It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #87
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
No, your back yard is not your dwelling. And yes you could up until the point the owner or authority for the property told you to leave.
Wow. Good luck to you. See above and take your illogical argument to the Texas Supreme Court.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #88
Sean
Ten Point
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian, Texas
Hunt In: Texas and Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j sweet View Post
some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
bingo!!!!
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #89
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young
 
Muddy Bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Webb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Dang Carp, you're a special kind of ignernt!
I've tried to catch a hint of his point but it just ain't registering. A fence is a fence, regardless if the gate is open or not. Do this down South and you will more than likely be shot at.
Muddy Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #90
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Some on here are missing something about rural land owners. They will take the shirt of their back if you needed it. They will come over with a bigger tractor no questions asked if you need the help. Present yourself to the land owner and he will probably throw some food and drink down for you and shoot the breeze. Trespass on his land without presenting yourself and prepare to see a different side of him.
How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #91
txhunter007
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

Seems like there is lots of people on here that don't own property. If some of these fools on here owned property, their tune would change. There are way too many people on here defending the trespassing *****.
txhunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #92
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullydog View Post
Im disgusted by some of the crap on this thread. And people wonder why so many fine folks stopped posting on TBH and have sunk into the background. This is not rocket surgery, hes asking for help identifying a trespasser. Good luck to the OP. Hope you locate them and can at least have a chat. Ive had problems with folks doing the same on my place. Dumping trash, stealing cameras, stealing tree stands, etc. Unless you have 100 percent permission to be on this land, from the landowner..... you dont belong. Period.
Landowners should not even have to have no trespassing signs. Just a fence.

I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #93
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
I get what you are saying, and if someone had good intentions like they saw a fire or needed emergency help that would be different in my book in terms of how I felt about it. In this case the guy left no note, he had a vehicle so if it was an emergency LE would of know about it and he would of driven to the hospital not the neighbors. Turning off trail cams and sticking around for 15 mins doesn't meet the good neighbor test to me.

I had a farm out near Madisonville until recently and would leave a note with my number on the gate if it was locked and I wanted to contact them. Many now have their number written somewhere on the gate for just this purpose.

There are a million innocent reasons why you would drive onto someone's property. This one though doesn't pass the smell test.

I should also add that from other posts the OP has made I know the size of his acreage and 15 minutes on there is a bad bad sign.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #94
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
How do you get his help if you don't have his phone number without pulling into his property to talk to him? I live in rural area and have had people pull up to me asking for help. Sometimes they pull in the wrong driveway when they are meaning to go to the neighbors for something. A lot old timers don't have an iphone or gps to get them right where they need to go.

Don't get me wrong I don't want people all over my property either, but if they pulled in and stayed on the main drive and didn't go driving all over the place, I'm not going to be a total jerk to the person right off the bat. I'm with the OP that he should look into why he came on to his property.
Yup that's the only reason I'm hunting him down.

He pulled in and drove around everywhere that was truck accessible. Parked in my back wood line. Went all around my feed pens and set ups.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #95
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunter007 View Post
Seems like there is lots of people on here that don't own property. If some of these fools on here owned property, their tune would change. There are way too many people on here defending the trespassing *****.
They are the same guys wanting to go on a hunt for $50 but only if it includes lodging for 2 nights and food!

They just have zero idea what it takes to own land. Maybe all land should be shared equally these days
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #96
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Good luck getting to the bottom of this Jason. I know exactly how frustrating this can be.. You need to catch him on your property with a firearm to really have any chance of any kind of punishment..
Heck I once chased a guy from a place we used to hunt, in Leon county, all the way to his house. Called the game warden while setting in the drive way of the tresspassers house and the GW said that I needed to restrain him on our property the next time.. He wouldn't even come to the house..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #97
Bullydog
Pope & Young
 
Bullydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tom Bean
Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Landowners should not even have to have no trespassing signs. Just a fence.

I think it's rocket science or brain surgery How does one have surgery on a rocket?
Old East Texas saying from my younger days. When my grandfather was getting on to me for doing stupid stuff.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:07 AM   #98
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Roughly 90 acres with 75% woods. It takes me 3 minutes to drive around the open area going 5-10mph. I can walk the mowed area in 10-12 min.
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #99
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Dang. I just came back here for an update. I guess there's almost nothing that can't be argued on here anymore. Good luck Antlers
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:14 AM   #100
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young
 
Uncle Saggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Bud View Post
I've tried to catch a hint of his point but it just ain't registering. A fence is a fence, regardless if the gate is open or not. Do this down South and you will more than likely be shot at.


Same here, canít figure out the logic.

Entitlement?
Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com