Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default Another House Build Thread!

My wife and I closed to start construction on Wednesday. We now have power up, marking stakes out, and they plan to get the dirt crew out mid week coming. This will be our first home and plan on it being a long term family home. My wife was born and raised in the same house her parents built, but I lived in a different rent house just about every year and the majority of those were on wheels. So, this build really means a lot to me!

We are a family of three(thinking about another) living in 900' barn that was converted to living quarters with one bathroom. Needless, to say we are ready for the extra room!

We are both modest people, so we are building a modest 1900' home, attached carport, and shop. I got my tall ceilings with plywood backer for my mounts and my metal shop so I am a happy camper.

I am open for any small inexpensive tips from those of y'all that have built, that most folks might not think of.(I got the plywood behind sheetrock idea on here). Thanks for following. I will add pics as I get them!

Last edited by Justin Spies; 05-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Congrats, there is no place like HOME!
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Congrats, get ready for a fun and stressful adventure!
-Run a hot water line to the carport for washing pots etc from fish frying or crawfish boils.
-Don't skimp on faucets, toilets etc. There are cheap alternatives that look good but they won't last and you will be working on or repairing them constantly.
-lots of outlets, more than you think you will ever need. Otherwise there will never be one where you need it. Cable/outlets placed for wall mounted TV's.
-make sure your vent hood above the stove actually vents out of the house and not just the kind that circulates through a filter.
-Custom cabinets. Will cost more than the pre-fab ones but they will hold up and look better.
AgHntr10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Rafter S
Six Point
 
Rafter S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Add a mud room either in the carport or right inside a outside door acces. You can come in , strip down and get a shower without tracking through the rest of the house
Rafter S is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
MQ32Shooter
Pope & Young
 
MQ32Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Garland, Texas
Hunt In: Cisco, Texas
Default

Great news. In for the pics and progress reports!
MQ32Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #6
Huntindad
Pope & Young
 
Huntindad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Leander / Liberty Hill
Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W
Default

don't allow the a/c unit or the hot water heater in the attic. Put the hot water heater in the utility room with washer/water softner...extra freezer... slope the floor and put in a drain in case you have a water malfunction.

run speaker wire in the attic to spots that may be of future use. use tech shield roof sheathing.
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #7
JHT
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Default

Just remember it will kick and scream along the way.

Don't obsess about a completion date.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
tpack
Ten Point
 
tpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Comanche ,Erath,Mills
Default

We have been in our house for about six months. Just remember that all of those little extras add up at the end of the day. Unless you have a big budget , chose the ones that you will benefit from the most. Good luck.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #9
BlackoutRam2500
Six Point
 
BlackoutRam2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Just closed on our loan also. I'm in for the follow and I'll be starting one of these too. Good luck to you brother. We are a family of 6 with 2 dogs living in a 31 foot travel trailer so I feel your pain sir.

Last edited by BlackoutRam2500; 05-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:28 PM   #10
gemini2759
Eight Point
 
gemini2759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Isabel
Hunt In: Where ever and whenever
Default

Wife and I subbed out two homes. 2x6 exterior walls, real stucco, double insulation in attic, vinyl windows. Open n floor plan, good size restrooms and kitchen. Only regret was double front doors. Should of went with one wider front door.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
gemini2759 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:42 PM   #11
TMC50
Pope & Young
 
TMC50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheridan
Hunt In: Whereever I can
Default

Heck yeah! Bout time you start a thread! Looks like you will be a couple weeks ahead of me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #12
Txprowler
Four Point
 
Txprowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dayton, Tx.
Hunt In: Centerville, Tx.
Default

Get extra outlets, especially outside. Also take pictures once they frame the house.
Txprowler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #13
StrayDog
Ten Point
 
StrayDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Funky Town
Hunt In: Coleman County
Default

Maybe not cheap but I'd spray foam the house and run hard-duct for your HVAC with dampers.

You might not get financial payback but it will make your house much more comfortable.

Oh, and get outlets with the USB ports for charging devices in the bedrooms, kitchen, etc.

Lastly, after they run electrical/plumbing and before they sheet rock take yourself a lot of pictures so you know for future repairs/remodels.
StrayDog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:17 PM   #14
deerwatcher51
Ten Point
 
deerwatcher51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brenham & Richland Springs
Hunt In: Richland Springs & Washington on the Brazos
Default

I second the tip about spray foam. We built a new house at the ranch last year and the spray foam insulation is tops. On demand water heater is another thing I am glad we went with.
deerwatcher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #15
fbchunter
Ten Point
 
fbchunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Thompsons
Hunt In: Thompsons
Default

As said hot water heater not in attic, not tile in showers, no glass in showers, spray foam, custom cabinets, plenty plugs in house/garage/outside, plenty hose bibs outside, half bath near front door or living area, half bath in garage.
fbchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #16
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
I second the tip about spray foam. We built a new house at the ranch last year and the spray foam insulation is tops. On demand water heater is another thing I am glad we went with.
We went with the foam and have on demand water heater as well.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #17
tps7742
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Texas
Default

Congratulations to you and your wife on getting to build your own home. It's good to see young folks achieving their dreams.
tps7742 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #18
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Congrats.

We are not too far behind. Listed our house last week and moving in with my mother in law after we get our house sold while we build.
MarkV is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #19
Big pig
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress, tx
Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.
Default

No tile in showers?
Trying to start my “last” House this year
Brown county, texas.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #20
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
Congrats, get ready for a fun and stressful adventure!
-Run a hot water line to the carport for washing pots etc from fish frying or crawfish boils.
-Don't skimp on faucets, toilets etc. There are cheap alternatives that look good but they won't last and you will be working on or repairing them constantly.
-lots of outlets, more than you think you will ever need. Otherwise there will never be one where you need it. Cable/outlets placed for wall mounted TV's.
-make sure your vent hood above the stove actually vents out of the house and not just the kind that circulates through a filter.
-Custom cabinets. Will cost more than the pre-fab ones but they will hold up and look better.
-Already have the hot water line to carport planned!
- My father in law works for Coburns so, he is being picky on the plumbing fixtures my wife pics out!!
-Will be sure to check on the vent hood
- We went custom with knotty alder on the cabinets.

Thank you for the input!
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #21
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindad View Post
don't allow the a/c unit or the hot water heater in the attic. Put the hot water heater in the utility room with washer/water softner...extra freezer... slope the floor and put in a drain in case you have a water malfunction.

run speaker wire in the attic to spots that may be of future use. use tech shield roof sheathing.
Water heater is not in the attic, but the AC is. I don't think we have anywhere else for it!? It is going to have some type of alarm if water fills up in the drain pan though.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #22
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpack View Post
We have been in our house for about six months. Just remember that all of those little extras add up at the end of the day. Unless you have a big budget , chose the ones that you will benefit from the most. Good luck.
I can see exactly what you are saying, we have already cut out some of the things we felt we didn't have to have.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #23
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
Just closed on our loan also. I'm in for the follow and I'll be starting one of these too. Good luck to you brother. We are a family of 6 with 2 dogs living in a 31 foot travel trailer so I feel your pain sir.
Best of luck to you and I will be looking for the thread!
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #24
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini2759 View Post
Wife and I subbed out two homes. 2x6 exterior walls, real stucco, double insulation in attic, vinyl windows. Open n floor plan, good size restrooms and kitchen. Only regret was double front doors. Should of went with one wider front door.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
We don't plan on double door, but we are trying to decide if we want a 48" front door. How big do you recommend?
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #25
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
-Already have the hot water line to carport planned!
- My father in law works for Coburns so, he is being picky on the plumbing fixtures my wife pics out!!
-Will be sure to check on the vent hood
- We went custom with knotty alder on the cabinets.

Thank you for the input!


The vent hood thing may not be a big deal to most, just seems to keep the house from smelling up as bad when cooking.
AgHntr10 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #26
Gclyde28
Six Point
 
Gclyde28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Default

Use spray foam insulation for your walls and attic ceiling to create a completely sealed building envelope. Will pay for itself over time.
Gclyde28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #27
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC50 View Post
Heck yeah! Bout time you start a thread! Looks like you will be a couple weeks ahead of me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excited to see your progress!
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #28
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post


The vent hood thing may not be a big deal to most, just seems to keep the house from smelling up as bad when cooking.
That would be huge for us. We don't like to fry anything inside because of smell!
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #29
gemini2759
Eight Point
 
gemini2759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Isabel
Hunt In: Where ever and whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
We don't plan on double door, but we are trying to decide if we want a 48" front door. How big do you recommend?
A 3' door is adequate for most furniture, but a 4' should give u better clearance when bringing stuff in.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
gemini2759 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #30
gemini2759
Eight Point
 
gemini2759's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Port Isabel
Hunt In: Where ever and whenever
Default

Also, solid doors on the inside is better for sound, especially rest rooms and master bedroom.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
gemini2759 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #31
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini2759 View Post
Also, solid doors on the inside is better for sound, especially rest rooms and master bedroom.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Our bid is for stained real wood doors, I would think they are solid but I will have to check into it.

Last edited by Justin Spies; 05-14-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #32
fordsuper08
Eight Point
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lindale Texas
Hunt In: San Angelo , East Texas
Default

just my 2 cents but I have heard that real wood doors have possibility of warping and you can get the ones that look real and still stain or paint
fordsuper08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #33
Tshelly
Ten Point
 
Tshelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Willis
Hunt In: Walker, Montgomery, Trinity, & Lee
Default

Tagged


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tshelly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #34
CaptainDave
Ten Point
 
CaptainDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Few somewhat inexpensive items during a build -

- Plenty of outlets; think about floor outlets in den, wall outlets for flat screen TV, outdoor outlets around soffit for Xmas lights, etc.

- Thinking of reverse osmosis at kitchen sink? Plumb to refrigerator for icemaker and water dispenser

- Back patio? Plumb hot water, gas, etc., makes future outdoor kitchen build that much easier.

- Have security system pre-wired

These are all things that can be done relatively easily during a build.
CaptainDave is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #35
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Few somewhat inexpensive items during a build -

- Plenty of outlets; think about floor outlets in den, wall outlets for flat screen TV, outdoor outlets around soffit for Xmas lights, etc.

- Thinking of reverse osmosis at kitchen sink? Plumb to refrigerator for icemaker and water dispenser

- Back patio? Plumb hot water, gas, etc., makes future outdoor kitchen build that much easier.

- Have security system pre-wired

These are all things that can be done relatively easily during a build.
We have a back porch, I already planned for the gas but didnt think about the hot water back there just the carport. Thanks

Haven't looked into reverse osmosis what are costs and benefits?
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #36
BlackoutRam2500
Six Point
 
BlackoutRam2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

About the spray foam... there is a company out there that will let you rent the machine and spray the house yourself. I'm thinking of going this route. It'll be a lot of work but so is subbing out your own build.
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #37
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Last mowing before the build begins!
Attached Images
 
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #38
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

They got started on pad yesterday.
Attached Images
 
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #39
TMC50
Pope & Young
 
TMC50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheridan
Hunt In: Whereever I can
Default

ok so you will be 9 days ahead of me! Cannot wait for you to figure something out and let me know before they do the same to mine.
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #40
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC50 View Post
ok so you will be 9 days ahead of me! Cannot wait for you to figure something out and let me know before they do the same to mine.
You wanting me to be the guinea pig?!?
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #41
TMC50
Pope & Young
 
TMC50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sheridan
Hunt In: Whereever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
You wanting me to be the guinea pig?!?
Well you started before me so............
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #42
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC50 View Post
Well you started before me so............
Haha alright ill do my best...
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM   #43
BlackoutRam2500
Six Point
 
BlackoutRam2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
They got started on pad yesterday.

Dang man! Y'all are flying ... I'm still waiting on my pre-clearing application to get approved and my meeting with my inspector to get scheduled.
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #44
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
Dang man! Y'all are flying ... I'm still waiting on my pre-clearing application to get approved and my meeting with my inspector to get scheduled.
Building in city limits?
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #45
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

switched plugs in the eaves for Christmas lights. I also like the idea of an actual conduit in the wall where your TV will be to make it easier to pull wire from DVD/Sat etc to the TV if you mount it on the wall
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #46
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
switched plugs in the eaves for Christmas lights. I also like the idea of an actual conduit in the wall where your TV will be to make it easier to pull wire from DVD/Sat etc to the TV if you mount it on the wall


In addition to the eace plugs, put some down in the exterior wall as well for yard lights.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #47
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Spray foam insulation for sure. No need for rigid metal duct as that will drive the cost up significantly.

I believe itís against code to put water heaters in the attic anymore. Consider either a tankless water heater or 2 tank style with a circulating loop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 10:05 AM   #48
tigerscowboy
Ten Point
 
tigerscowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Birds @ Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer @ TX, CO, MO, WY, & Alaska. Bass TX & MO.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Spies View Post
Our bid is for stained real wood doors, I would think they are solid but I will have to check into it.
If you're going to paint the doors, you'll be better off with "solid core". Same benefits and feel. Less cost. No warping/swelling. Either way, solid wood should not warp or swell on interior with central HVAC.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #49
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
If you're going to paint the doors, you'll be better off with "solid core". Same benefits and feel. Less cost. No warping/swelling. Either way, solid wood should not warp or swell on interior with central HVAC.
The doors will be stained.
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #50
Justin Spies
Ten Point
 
Justin Spies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Tx, Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
switched plugs in the eaves for Christmas lights. I also like the idea of an actual conduit in the wall where your TV will be to make it easier to pull wire from DVD/Sat etc to the TV if you mount it on the wall
I am not picturing this in my head?!?
Justin Spies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com