I couldn't be more excited...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't be more excited...

I did a thread in the DIY, but wanted to post here as well. If yall have seen this already sorry. So I have been wanting to make some wood arrows for a while just had not pulled the trigger. Well I finally pulled the trigger. I bought some spruce shafts after measuring and remeasuring. I stained the shafts "sangria" color and sealed them. Now I was ready to rock and roll at this point. I checked the shafts they were dry to the touch so I bundled them up and waited for today to roll around so I could meet up with Ben and he could coach me on the rest of the process. I get to Ben's house hand him the box with the shafts in it, happy as all get out. He undoes the package and removes the rubber bands and... Yup, all of my beautiful new wood arrow shafts are all stuck together! He says um I will let you undo these. I was praying these bad boys would come undone easy, and they did. So, we got to work and got them done. I learned ALOT about wood arrows. This was my very first attempt at this and I would lable it a success. They look good and fly even better. Thank you Ben, again. Here are some pics. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410498541528.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	25029452Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410498553047.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	25029453Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410498578348.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	25029454

Nice job! Those look a lot like my first dozen. I did the red and black fletch and did a dark red stain. Ends up that color combo blends in to everything in the fall back in Washington so needless to say I was building more come winter. It's a fun hobby and gets pretty addicting, next you'll be buying a cresting kit.

Comment

Good looking arrows

Comment

Those are nice.

Comment

Already bloody! I like them

Comment

Nice! They look good.

Comment

Cool!

Good looking sticks!

Good luck with them!

Bisch

Comment

Nice looking sticks.

Comment

Joseph, you did a great job on them. Next time you order, throw in a dozen full length 63# spine for me.

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                  Already bloody! I like them
                  Corey, I like the way you think Brother

Comment

Thanks guys. Will do Ben!!!!

Comment

Nice sticks!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Congrats on having your project and goals come together so successfully!!!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

I appreciate gents. I will be making more in the future. There is so much gratification shooting something you have assembled. I know that I am preaching to the choir here but it is just a new found concept for me! Must continue...

Comment

Working...
                              X