Wheels on tripods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels on tripods

For those that have mounted wheels on tripods to ease public access, would you mind sharing a pic or two please?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Here ya go.
    Attached Files

Comment

No pics?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to do this as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it about 30 yrs ago when hunting Aransas Wildlife Refuge. I used a piece of steel rod for the axle and old 16-20" pneumatic bicycle wheels. I attached it to the foot rest of of the tripod with U-bolts. Strapped my other gear/food/water on top of it and pulled it into my hunting area. You could buy a game cart like those at Cabelas to strap your tripod to it also depending on how your tripod is built.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but just now seeing it. I have wheels on one of my bigger tripods. I will post up a picture this weekend after I recuperate from stuffing my face at thanksgiving.

I will be taking it to Chap next week.

Comment

I've put wheels on all of the ladder stands I've had. I use a 12" pneumatic filled with slime. The pneumatics are much quieter. And take a lot of the shock out when pulling. I weld bolts onto the ladder sides on the bolt-head side. I then put aq fender washer, the wheel, then another fender washer on. Mark and drill a hole for a pull pin/clip. That way I can take the wheels off very quickly before standing the ladder up. The bolts make good hooks for packs and gear. I also clean up the drilled holes so I can get a threaded lock-nut on them with ease, in case I don't want to use the pull pins. This set up doubles as a game cart as well. I've hauled several deer and pigs out with these set ups. And if your allowed to bait, a bag of corn over the back balances out the whole rig so there is no resistance except what you pull.

I also take the extra ladder rungs and stack them on the main unit. Then use ratchet safety straps for the ladder to the tree, to tie it all together.

Don't think I've got any pics. And it's currently put away in the shed. But maybe this will give you some ideas for a tri-pod.

What I like about the 15-18' ladder is you don't always have to use all the rungs/steps to get to a good height. I've got a 16' that I've only used about 8' of that I've killed a bunch of deer/pigs off of. And had a 10 footer that I got rid of a couple years ago, that was my first ladder I bought back in the early 1990s. And I've shot no telling how many deer/pigs off that thing, both gun and bow. It was nice cause it was lite weight. And could fit in a good mesquite tree.

Comment

Friend welded an axle on the bottom of his tripod and used wheel chair wheels. Also welded a piece of pipe on the bottom to except one of his legs. bungeed his other legs to that. Rickshaw stile. google pic.

Comment

Take a look at Hawk transformer pod (my pic below) - p.s. it's also for sale
                  Attached Files

Comment

When I used to hunt Laguana Atascosa I found that strapping my tripod to my game cart was easiest. We also had aluminum tripods which are lighter. Trying to carry as steel tripod even a couple of hundred yards into the South Texas brush can kick your butt. Also a game cart is a plus if you harvest something.

Comment

Working...
                    X