New custom Remington 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New custom Remington 700

I just got my first custom rifle finished. I was very new to this when I started working on this just before Christmas. CajunBlake was very helpful to me and answered alot of beginner questions and he gave me some very good advice and tips. Thanks Blake!

I built this rifle after searching around for a while for a Sendero in .25-06. That was a fruitless search so I decided to build my own with a few modifications. This is intended to be used primarily for Texas deer.

I am ready to start working up a load and see how it shoots

--Trued Rem 700 BDL action
    --Pac-Nor Super Match Grade 24" 1-10 twist Sendero contour barrel Chambered in .25-06
    --HS Precision Sendero new pull-off stock
    --Jewell trigger set at 1.5#
    --Tac Bolt knob
    --Zeiss HD5 5-25x50mm in Talley Rings

Sweet! Drool...

Who built it?

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Very nice. You got to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
          I just got my first custom rifle finished. I was very new to this when I started working on this just before Christmas. CajunBlake was very helpful to me and answered alot of beginner questions and he gave me some very good advice and tips. Thanks Blake!
          pleasure speaking with you Andrew and glad you're happy with the build

that rifle will shoot like a laser beam

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Sweet! Drool...

Who built it?
          pretty sure PacNor did the metal work (A will correct me if I'm wrong) ... very affordable as their barrels are easy to clean and shoot lights out !

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
            Sweet! Drool...

Who built it?
            I bought the action on GB and sent to Pac-Nor. Pac-Nor Trued the action, chambered and installed the new barrel. I bought the stock and trigger and sent them to Horizon Firearms in College Station along with my barreled action. They did the metal coating, bedding, Tac knob, and trigger install. They sent to me and I scoped it up. It was a fun process that I got to be more involved in that just ordering a rifle

Comment

Nice!! Congrats!! I need to get a nice 25-06 some day....

Any feedback on that zeiss?

Comment

sweet rig!

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                  I bought the action on GB and sent to Pac-Nor. Pac-Nor Trued the action, chambered and installed the new barrel. I bought the stock and trigger and sent them to Horizon Firearms in College Station along with my barreled action. They did the metal coating, bedding, Tac knob, and trigger install. They sent to me and I scoped it up. It was a fun process that I got to be more involved in that just ordering a rifle

Jewell trigger .... the only way to go on a custom build

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Nice!! Congrats!! I need to get a nice 25-06 some day....

Any feedback on that zeiss?
                    I haven't shot it yet, but it looks good from what I can see. I have had several of the older model Conquest's and I have really liked them.

I leveraged some credit card rebate points into Walmart gift cards for the bulk of this scope, which was nice Who knew that you could order nice glass from Walmart.com? Learn something new every day.

Comment

walmart?!?! LOL.

I had no idea!! I knew they carried leupold. Report back when you stretch that thing out. Looks good sir. Makes me think i need one

Comment

Freaken sweet....

Comment

How do you like the HD5 so far?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            How do you like the HD5 so far?
                            Just mounted it last night. Looks good so far

Comment

Very nice!! I can't wait to shoot it.

Comment

Working...