Broad head help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad head help

Ok my wife has a bow tech heartbreaker this week we have been shooting an I had this tuned before but since we have been shooting broadheads I can't get them to group for nothing. I have moved the rest walk back tuned. An today I got it to group then the next shot back to the way it was. It is shooting a foot to the right of field points. What's weird according to the Easton charts it says I need to move to the field point but when I do it's making it worse. So I'm thinking the string is overstretched or bad however you want to say it but what I want to know is can I add another twist to the string or do I need to get another

Is she shooting all over the place or grouping with broadheads?
    I had a buddy with a "slice my finger off" phobia when it came to shooting broadheads. Turns out this caused him to grip and torque his bow.
    Nothing against the Mrs. just something to look for.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to try that but will tomorrow

Comment

Ok broadheads grouping good still same bout 8 inches to the left of broadhead. I have tightened everything up so what do I try next. I am trying
        To go down to 100 gr head next it think please any suggestions I would be grateful

Comment

Sorry I meant 8 in from field point

Comment

what sort of bh are you shooting? im no expert but i would just sight the bow to the broadhead if they were patterning well......theres probably a better answer tho.

Comment

That's what I'm fixing to do that's what I had to do on mine last year an for the rest of the year all I shot was broadheads. She is shooting the Magnus stingers 125 gr

Comment

Do you broadhead/arrows pass the spin test?

Comment

are they hitting to the left or right of the field points? in your op you said a foot tho the right and your next you said 8 in to the left. what arrows is she shooting and length? sounds like s spine issue. if hitting too the right of field point it is a weak spine if left than to stiff.

Comment

Ok I'm sorry for that it's about 8 " to the left of the field points I tried going down in broadhead weight to 100 an that did t fix it. Can't really cut the arrows shorter. But her set up is heartbreaker @ 40
                    Carbon express mutiny 150
                    Length if arrow 26
                    Draw length is about the same I believe have to check that

Comment

Originally posted by DAllen View Post
                      Do you broadhead/arrows pass the spin test?
                      Yes I checked that at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                        Ok I'm sorry for that it's about 8 " to the left of the field points I tried going down in broadhead weight to 100 an that did t fix it. Can't really cut the arrows shorter. But her set up is heartbreaker @ 40
                        Carbon express mutiny 150
                        Length if arrow 26
                        Draw length is about the same I believe have to check that
                        from what I got off of the carbon express website, they do not even have an arrow spine selection for the mutiny at her pound range unless she has a 29" arrow. That may mean that the spine is too stiff, which generally causes the left tear of flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
                          from what I got off of the carbon express website, they do not even have an arrow spine selection for the mutiny at her pound range unless she has a 29" arrow. That may mean that the spine is too stiff, which generally causes the left tear of flight.
                          Ok so the arrow is to stiff I hope so that would make me feel better I can fix that

Comment

Try some Smoke Ramcat 100 grain heads. Lots easier to get stiff shaft to fly over a weak spine. Might try the 125 grain heads ot weaken teh spine some. Ramcats fly like darts for a replaceable blade head, cut wicked holes and out penetrate most every head on the market.

Comment

I may have to try them thanks y'all

Comment

Working...
                              X