Open Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Carry

Is this going to lead to more businesses putting up No Firearms signs?

Maybe. It depends on how the final bill is worded, and since it is tied to CHL regulations, there could be new signage required.

Comment

Probably. But, it's not gonna bother most folks IMO. Judging from what I read on here, most are going to continue to carry the way they do now. The only reason I am for it, is it just means more freedom. It hasn't caused problems in other states, and I don't expect it will here.

Comment

Possibly, but mostly temporary. I'll just tell them I'll take my business elsewhere.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Plenty of knee jerk reactions in the beginning but maybe common sense will prevail.

Comment

Common sense is not too common these days either man! This generation worries me...

Comment

If more signs go up would this be considered a loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                No, why?
                The point is protecting constitutional rights, which doesn't depend on the net effect of what private citizens decide to do with their rights on their property in response.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                  I hope it is kinda like the 30.06 was. At first a lot of places had them up and then took them down or didn't put them back up. Everyone saw there wasn't going to be blood on every corner.
                  Still, this will be a little different due to guns being seen. Might be a while, if ever, that most places not post the 30.07.

Property owners rights so no it's not a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    No, why?
                    The point is protecting constitutional rights, which doesn't depend on the net effect of what private citizens decide to do with their rights on their property in response.
                    I guess it depends on if you are actually going to open carry. The vast majority will still conceal their gun. So if the net effect is more businesses post more signs than you can carry in less places. Would this not be a loss?

This will be the result. Just ask Oklahoma

Comment

The way I understand the law, there is new provision, 30.07 that is similar to 30.06 & specifies no open carry. I think you may see those posted, but I doubt it will affect business that currently allow concealed carry

Comment

Too bad they removed the part forbidding law enforcement from ID'ing you just for Open Carry

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                          Too bad they removed the part forbidding law enforcement from ID'ing you just for Open Carry
                          i dont think youll have to many problems if you look like a proper man\woman
                          i got a feeling itll be the wannabe thugs that theyll be looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            Doesn't matter. Plenty of knee jerk reactions in the beginning but maybe common sense will prevail.
                            Exactly. Once the blood stops running in the streets, people will be okay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
                              That provision wasn't needed in the first place. An officer can't pull you over for no other cause than to check your DL, can he? It will not be long before an officer demands to see proof of license from an open carrier. That's fine, most (if not all) will have the license, but the first time someone get arrested for carrying without a license, and the original stop was based solely on the fact he was carrying a gun......If his attorney is worth two cents, we'll have a ruling about the legality of stopping someone for the sole purpose of verifying a license, and I personally believe it will be in favor of licensees.

Comment

Working...
                              X