Panic at Home Depot before the cold front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic at Home Depot before the cold front

Holy cow , people where going crazy at HD , grabbing every heat bulb , pipe instillation, rolls of red and blue PEX , arguing, stealing/ commandeering others carts , I asked what was going on and some calm guy said “ someone said something about pipes exploding because of the cold front “ I guess these new folks from California are taking the exploding pipe thing literally
    I got my zip ties and tried to help some people who were going crazy waiting to find out what isle some stuff was on . For some reason the HD staff was pushing
    Cheap gray duct tape ( it was displayed everywhere and people were snapping it up like crazy) wife asked me “ why aren’t you buying pipe and duct tape and heat lamp bulbs” and “ do pipes really explode In cold weather “ this stuff is was to weird to explain
    I got home and rechecked the well house pipes and rechecked the water trough instillation “ it would probably be a busy day for Plummer’s cashing in “

I got my outside faucet covers on. Ice age prep - done.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      I got my outside faucet covers on. Ice age prep - done.
      Haha. That's exactly what I did. Officially, prepared.

Comment

Panicking for chili

Originally posted by farfel View Post
        Haha. That's exactly what I did. Officially, prepared.
        Yep I am more worried about people panicking at HEB so I can make some chili and cornbread

Still scratching my head about HD really pushing DUCT TAPE for cold weather preparation
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-10-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I’m seeing the forecast as a low of 26 Tuesday night, while it is below freezing, not sure it’s really “pipe busting weather”. Guess I’ll go wrap a few faucet, just in case.

Comment

I did my pool equipment and faucets a few weeks ago so it’s all good.

Comment

It was 24* here a few days ago, and no pipes busted. It’s supposed to be 14* at my place in OK, but the water is turned off, pipes drained, and the heater is set at 55*. I think we’ll make through one night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                I did my pool equipment and faucets a few weeks ago so it’s all good.
                My hose bib covers are on, the pool equip freeze guard is on, the 5th wheel is winterized, the boat/trailer batteries are charged. I'm ready.

Comment

Why are they buying pex???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our forecast is for 8 degrees tomorrow night here in Iowa and all is calm. Business as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Good question?? But people were stocking up on it , I thought pex was kinda freeze tolerant? I would have thought PVC and fittings, glue, primer not pex rolls

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        You use sticks of Pex and duct tape to build a bunker so you won't get hit by flying shrapnel when your pipes explode.

Comment

That’s crazy. Until I see freezing temperatures for days I don’t even think about winterizing anything.

Comment

Just drip your faucets during the one freeze we have per 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                              That’s crazy. Until I see freezing temperatures for days I don’t even think about winterizing anything.
                              This.

Comment

Working...
                              X