Rattlesnake bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattlesnake bite

My 2 year old son was bitten by a rattlesnake Saturday evening out in Cottle county. Was a baby only about 14" long and two little rattles but man did it do some damage. Son is still in the hospital and we cannot seem to get his blood work stabilized to go home. Got him in the lower right leg just below the calf muscle.

We had walked around to behind our cabin where we had a wood stack. Kids wanted to build a fire so Parker and I were off to get it done. He was standing right next to me and as I reached to give back a small piece of wood to carry, I saw the snake coiled up and strike. I immediately yanked him up and ran inside. Found two (of the eventual 3) puncture areas and told mom to get him in the car. Grabbed my pistol and went back looking for it. Couldn't find it but I was 99% sure it was a rattler.

Started flying down 1033 towards Childress with 911 on the phone. Amazing couple who were medics with the Fired Dot stopped us in the street, checked him, and asked if they could drive us in. From time of bite (7:30) to when we got to the ER it was only about 25 mins (22 miles out).

Brother went back and found it, killed it and confirmed it was a rattler.

The ER in Childress was amazing and got the anti-venom started right away, within 1 hour of bite. Flight crew was waiting on us and Wife and little man jumped on the plane headed to Dallas Children's.

We have received top notch care and little man is improving. Not as fast as we want but improving nonetheless. We are still here at Children's fighting his blood work. Swelling in the leg has dramatically improved and he is in less pain each day. Just cannot get his labs to stabilize so we can get home. Maybe tonight but more than likely tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers, especially little mans blood work.

Wear your snake boots guys. Not worth this. Be careful out there as I know most of us are. But one little slip up like I had can be devastating.

And one finally that just melts my heart. Saying our nite nite prayers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers for your son.

Comment

Wow. So sorry that happened. Prayers up for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Last pic is a lifetime keeper. I'm praying for y'all.

Comment

Prayers up for your boy and family!! Hope for a 100% recovery soon!!

Comment

My prayers are with your little guy. It's tough seeing them get hurt much less something like this.

Comment

Prayers for the little fella. Hate to see anyone bit. Especially a little one. I had a girls I coached years ago who was bit when she was about that age. They had to take a large chunk of muscle out of her calf. Hope yours doesn't have any issues like that

Comment

Poor little guy.......prayers for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Prayers for the little guy.

Comment

Man i hate to hear that.. it's amazing how such a little snake can do so much damage. Hope your lil man continues to heal. I'm sure he's tough as nails.. He'll be good to go!

Comment

Prayers up. Get healthy soon little man.

Comment

Prayers up! I'm glad he is improving.

Comment

Wow. Prayers for a full recovery for the little guy. Sorry ya'll are having to suffer through this!

Comment

Prayers up sir

Comment

Prayers up.....

Comment

Working...
                              X