“Push” present ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
    how bout a box set of baseball cards for the year she was born? my sister did this for both my girls (they both hunt, fish, play and enjoy most sports. 20&26 years old now).neat to look through now
    Originally posted by salth2o View Post
    I'd wait until after she's recovered from giving birth and get her a day at the spa. Massage, manicure/pedicure, etc.

Also, just help her out before being asked.
    Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
    My wife has everything she wants for the most part. She likes fresh flowers and fancy candles. I went and got her a couple of nice candles made by Lafco and had a family member put some flower arrangement in the house the day before we got home. That way the house looked nice and smelled nice which made her feel better about having visitors. Simple, easy, unexpected.
    My wheels are turning... Wouldn’t have thought of commemorative sports items. That could be neat

Ohh she would love a spa day, and she loves candles etc. will look into Lafco.
    Last edited by woodsman; 01-18-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Get her a nice deer lease.

Comment

I gave my wife a ring that matches her wedding band. We were only about $12k in fertility treatments but worth every penny. Going back I would get her something smaller and more personal about the miracle that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          Oh boy. You'll now get flogged for that. Having a get-together to spend time with family and friends, celebrating the future birth of your child, and having FUN!?! Nonsense!!

Mine was an arrow into a ballon!
          haha yes, I have witnessed those public floggings on here too. We don’t take this little gift of life for granted, so we had several friends and some family over that had been praying for and encouraging us along the way. It was as much an expression of gratitude to them as it was about our baby. But I probably cheapened that gratitude by catering BBQ in for everyone. Hi Jenn

I wanted to shoot a balloon but the VP of operations and safety for our company was there, so I figured t wouldn’t bode well for me shooting in our subdivision.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Get her a nice deer lease.
            i like the way you think Steve. I just might even get to live on it if I go that route!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              I gave my wife a ring that matches her wedding band. We were only about $12k in fertility treatments but worth every penny. Going back I would get her something smaller and more personal about the miracle that happened.
              Agreed. I’m leaning toward something personal about this chapter of our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                I got mine wine. And flowers. No need to go crazy on the gift. I learned that the thing she appreciated more than any gifts was me being up syringe feeding our baby because she wouldn’t eat normally. All feedings were tough for her, and the simple act of squirting that formula and letting her rest gave her a break. For a new mom, any rest is the most precious thing thing you can give her. You will both be dog tired, I can almost guarantee it.
                Yes I have been so warned of the sleep deprivation. You’re right, she’ll be happy with anything, even just flowers.

Comment

Maybe I’ll arrange for a tattoo in a “lower” region before her epidural wears off. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    My wife is due this summer, went through fertility treatments too but luckily not as much as OP (first IUI stuck). She has brought up “push presents” to me before and I thought she was making it up... boy was I wrong.

I was planning on getting her the matching wedding ring at some point, guess I may as well do it for this. My wife doesn’t think she is entitled to a “push gift”, if she did, she wouldn’t be getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                      My wife is due this summer, went through fertility treatments too but luckily not as much as OP (first IUI stuck). She has brought up “push presents” to me before and I thought she was making it up... boy was I wrong.

I was planning on getting her the matching wedding ring at some point, guess I may as well do it for this. My wife doesn’t think she is entitled to a “push gift”, if she did, she wouldn’t be getting one.
                      Same with mine. And we actually waited until all the delivery and nicu bills were paid and another month so we could do cash for it. My jewler is great and actually did it for the same price I paid for the first 4 years ago.

I didn’t think it was a real thing and said I wanted a nice watch... then I was in there during the delivery and said she can have whatever she wants, I don’t like watches THAT much

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                        Oh boy. Starting to think this thread may have been a bad idea. Lots of presumptions about what my life/priorities currently look like but maybe I should have expected that. I thought I could avoid going into all this detail but now I feel like I’m on trial for wanting to get my wife a gift. Since we’ve been married, going on 10 years, several of those acting as a sort of marriage/family counselor for our parents’ two failing marriages, being thrown into being a dad overnight for our then 3yo nephew because of his drug dealing/addicted criminal parents, working hard in my career and remodeling every sq. inch of our house by hand so she doesn’t have to work, I’ve scaled my hobbies back to just a handful of hunts/fishing trips each year, so she is my priority year round, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So I appreciate all the parenting/marital advice but, again, I couldn’t give her anymore of my time and focus than I am now. But the thing is, she’s worth so much more than that to me, so I was just asking for some gift ideas.

I know these comments are coming from a great place, I appreciate the concern, and have taken them under advisement. Thanks to everyone for the gift ideas thus far.
                        Not a presumption one here so sorry if it came across that way. Whether I knew you and your priorities or not, (presence NOT presents) IS my recommendation of a "push gift". In a world where I look around me in every part of my life and see young families falling apart all around me, a LOT of them are partially because someone in the relationship wants to continue living a selfish life of "me and my time" just as we did before being married and having children. Plenty will deny it, but selfishness in a time of life when selflessness is needed is a battle that most all of us humans must fight.

Comment

I got my wife a ring with our daughters birthstone in it and, somewhat surprisingly, she wears it everyday. If more kids come, the ring is small enough to wear more than one side by side. This looks to be the exact one:

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                            Not a presumption one here so sorry if it came across that way. Whether I knew you and your priorities or not, (presence NOT presents) IS my recommendation of a "push gift". In a world where I look around me in every part of my life and see young families falling apart all around me, a LOT of them are partially because someone in the relationship wants to continue living a selfish life of "me and my time" just as we did before being married and having children. Plenty will deny it, but selfishness in a time of life when selflessness is needed is a battle that most all of us humans must fight.
                            You speak some great truths Codie. I should have acknowledged that as simply a great message for anyone having their first baby. Thanks for sharing your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                              You speak some great truths Codie. I should have acknowledged that as simply a great message for anyone having their first baby. Thanks for sharing your insight.
                              Then focus on having a happy healthy baby and being a good father and not on awarding your wife a prize for doing something she wanted to do.

Get/do something nice for her after the baby is born. Just don't call it a push present mkay???

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                Then focus on having a happy healthy baby and being a good father and not on awarding your wife a prize for doing something she wanted to do.

Get/do something nice for her after the baby is born. Just don't call it a push present mkay???

cant tell if serious...or trolling... but leaning toward both in any case, please return to Start.

Comment

Working...
                                X