No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at another ranch in Guerrero today. Shouldnt be any problems. If I see anyone I will take the pricelesss advice I get here and run like hell

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
      Man we passed the HEB in PN.
      Looked nice, freaking coverd parking is better than we have up her in wilco.
      It's nice. I'll be going back if we stay around the same area next season. Got a great deal on some T-bone steaks, $6 for a 2-pack. Set up more like a Sam's Club here stateside but was clean on the inside. I pulled my typical stunt of not getting a basket when I really need one and then someone flagged me down and gave me their basket.

Comment

I sent my bodygaurd to look around this time. he is available to any of you guys if you need him.I'm sure he would look at any Ranch you want checked out if you give him gas money. Good kid. Shane liked him

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
          I sent my bodygaurd to look around this time. he is available to any of you guys if you need him.I'm sure he would look at any Ranch you want checked out if you give him gas money. Good kid. Shane liked him
          Yes sir Manny is a dang good kid! Sure was nice to meet him
          ...and he knows deer too!

Comment

Cotton seed question for the guys that feed it... thinking about running 5 stations next year. I know there’s a bunch of variables, but if you could post how many y’all are running and how much y’all are using it’ll allow me to get an idea hopefully. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              Cotton seed question for the guys that feed it... thinking about running 5 stations next year. I know there’s a bunch of variables, but if you could post how many y’all are running and how much y’all are using it’ll allow me to get an idea hopefully. Thanks
              And where y’all buy it please

Comment

21 feed stations that had both cottonseed and protein feeders, fed 40 tons of cottonseed this past year (made a bulk order in January) and went through it in 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                  21 feed stations that had both cottonseed and protein feeders, fed 40 tons of cottonseed this past year (made a bulk order in January) and went through it in 9 months.
                  Oooo doggie, some expensive venison there

Comment

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Have right around 50 cottonseed feed stations..? Two in each feed pen and 3 in some [emoji1745]*[emoji3603]
                    Last edited by dstrong; 01-10-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

So about 425lbs a month per station? Are you HF with a high deer pop?

Comment

So about 425lbs a month per station? Are you HF with a high deer pop?

Low fence. Decent deer population.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                          Thanks guys... looking at roughly 10 tons then

Comment

12 to 15 tons a year. I raise the cotton then haul seed from gin to barn then feed it. Works great with cattle too

Comment

Got a buddy coming down to the ranch next weekend. I may already be in Mexico. Anywhere around the Colombia crossing he can leave his truck on the US side for a couple days if I pick him up at the border?

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                                I don't want to think about what our feed bill would look like with an above average deer population.

It is time to start pouring the feed back to them boys! hope we get some good late winter and early spring rain this year, and the deer bounce back quickly from the rut.

Comment

Working...
                                X