No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Been wanting one like this as well for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      LOL ,dang that's funny
      X2 Funny and quick...

Comment

Quick leg deal.

Put this on so it doesn't set on the wing nut stud that holds the timer cover on.

Ready to roll besides some paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good Dale. Ready to see end result and effectiveness. I’ve hung small feeders high and it worked but always wanted a “no sound” one to take place of hand corn. Y’all have some solid feeders now to do that.

Comment

Quiet deer feeder!

Thanks. This is a hard spot to get to, especially in the dark with a 7 year old. We havnt been able to drive to it for a month. I hope to have it setup before it gets super hot, but I won't start feeding it until September or so, the deer are already there and I can machete a traildown in there.

I've been thinking about what to do down there for a while, and didn't want to mess with it until my son got his first buck. That's done, so now we get serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Didn't quite fit flush so I cut up an old nylon cutting board to make it all match up better.

I went with nits and bolts because this metal barrel/bucket is kind of thin.

I'll make two cable yokes/bridles to hook on these a winch up with.

Think I'm gonna put a solar panel right there.

You beat me to it, Was going to try this build in a few weeks but then started asking myself if it was worth the time.

Still might try it.

I was going to build mine using a solenoid coil from a pinball machine vs the car door actuator.

Nice build.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                You beat me to it, Was going to try this build in a few weeks but then started asking myself if it was worth the time.

Still might try it.

I was going to build mine using a solenoid coil from a pinball machine vs the car door actuator.

Nice build.

Just buy the ghost feeder unit, it's a nice setup. A door lock actuator has to have power to open, and against to close. This seems to be an electro magnet, but I sure wouldn't waste time trying to figure all that nonsense out.

Besides, this mfg is in Texas and seems like a solid dude.

Thank you to Drop Dead Fred for the heads up.

Comment

How long are the 12V batteries lasting for this motor? Are y’all using a solar panel?

Comment

I can't answers that, but i would think longer than a spin motor. I am going to put a solar panel on it though.

Comment

Man,I dig this for a bow stand..(tree stand)
                      Especially when deer are already in the area of the feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just buy the ghost feeder unit, it's a nice setup. A door lock actuator has to have power to open, and against to close. This seems to be an electro magnet, but I sure wouldn't waste time trying to figure all that nonsense out.

Comment

I fooled around and broke the spring by my own doin called the owner on a Sunday [emoji51] and not only did he answer but he sent me a new one free off charge!

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                            How long are the 12V batteries lasting for this motor? Are y’all using a solar panel?

I used the same battery for two seasons

Comment

I believe I will order a couple and build similar set ups for my Dad and Uncle to hang on our places in Sabine County.

Great ideal for those scared out of there mind big timber deer.

Rwc

Comment

I might should have waited until the trees put on leaves again, but I wanted to get it done.

That big oak with the "Y" in it is where the stand will go. This is from under the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                                X