No announcement yet.

Head shot didn't work.... yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be awesome is if that was caused by a coyote, and even after being mortally wounded she managed to mud – stop that sucker. And now they’re both dead.

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    Don't feel sorry for it one bit. Hate em!
    X2 They’re oversized cockroaches. I wouldn’t feel bad for the cockroach either.
    Last edited by Etxbuckman; 12-16-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

There is armor plate around the chest area, difficult for arrow to penetrate, look for shot behind the shoulder, arrow penetration and open up the vitals.

Comment

That a leave a mark!

Comment

Looks like it was chewed off!

Comment

Originally posted by Tims View Post
            There is armor plate around the chest area, difficult for arrow to penetrate, look for shot behind the shoulder, arrow penetration and open up the vitals.
            Next time you kill one, please dissect and show me this armor plate. Sounds cool.

Comment

Gross...

Comment

Looks like she could have had an altercation with some hog dogger's catch dog.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Man that's horrible.. No animal deserves that..
                  Agreed. I kill every pig I see but hate seeing animals suffer, regardless of what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Next time you kill one, please dissect and show me this armor plate. Sounds cool.

Comment

That is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        Behind the shoulder shots work every time for me.. i hate seeing that. Put it down if you get another chance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        Nope never hear of a gut shot, or backstrap shot pig that runs off and dies later... Man it's part of hunting. It sucks but it happens.

Also insless op saw it happen for all we know it was a weird hit by car situation

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Nope never hear of a gut shot, or backstrap shot pig that runs off and dies later... Man it's part of hunting. It sucks but it happens.

Also insless op saw it happen for all we know it was a weird hit by car situation
                          Very true man!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            Very true man!

I understand that a gut shot may happen on occasion by accident. What I disagree with are those that intentionally gut shoot pigs so they will "run off and die". It is our duty as a sportsman to put the animal down as quick as possible, it's to easy to drag them off to make them suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                              I understand that a gut shot may happen on occasion by accident. What I disagree with are those that intentionally gut shoot pigs so they will "run off and die". It is our duty as a sportsman to put the animal down as quick as possible, it's to easy to drag them off to make them suffer.
                              I agree with you 100%.. did my post in some way make it seem like i gut shoot pigs? I said behind the shoulder shots are what i do everytime and not head shots was what i meant. I have head shot one pig 1 time at 75 yds with my rifle that I'm very capable with and hit exactly where i aimed and it dropped immediately. Ive killed 20 or so pigs since then and each one has been heart or lung shot each time. Ive drug many many pigs out of my direct hunting area or had to load them up and drive them out

Comment

thats not a bullet wound in my opinion. That looks like the product of dogs or coyotes plus time for the wounds to get infected and start breaking down.

Comment

Working...
                                X