No announcement yet.

Asking for prayers for a 4 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry man! Prayers up for a full recovery!!

Comment

I had my right thumb amputated just above the first knuckle when I was 6 or 7 by a door hinge. They ended up sewing it back on with a metal rod in place of the bone that was shattered. My thumb looks normal for the most part except for a slight weak spot in my nail and a divot in the side of the thumb. have no feeling from the knuckle out but I have survived and don't even notice. Kids can bounce back from a lot of things.

Sorry you are going through this with your little one though, he sure it a tough kid!

Comment

Tough kid for sure.

I had a few toes pulverized then amputated from a car wreck when I was about 11. The first time they took the bandages off with me not in survey, I pretty much threw up from the pain. It took me months before I would even look at my own foot. I ended up having to get a skin graft, it was the most painful part of everything. If and when yall do rehab make sure he takes it seriously (I really used it as a way to skip classes I didnt like) that is prob as important as anything.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Up!!!

Comment

Poor little fellow. Continued prayers.

Comment

Ok, I'm behind on updates. Healing is going good. The doctor can't believe it, which kinda worried me. He seemed confident when he told me it would heal on its own then shocked at how will it's doing. He even has a fingernail starting which the doctor said normally takes 6-8 weeks after trans like that and @ 3 weeks it's coming out. I will follow this post with pics of today. The pics in this post are from last week. He is a champ about it. He has hit it pretty hard a few times which will get him laying on the couch for hours afterwards.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

These are the pictures from today. You can actually see how much of the thumb has grown back in just a little over 3 weeks. There is even fresh skin. It's not much fresh skin but noticable. Is broke thumb is doing much better also. About half of his thumb that was amputated has grown back. He is getting back to being his normal self and charming the ladies. I swear this kid is a chick magnet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome news. Prayers for continued healing.

Comment

Oh my gosh that looks painful. Son of a gun that's bad. I hope he continues to get better. That hurt just reading about it.

Comment

That kid is a trooper. So glad he is doing well, and his digits are growing back!

Comment

Man, don’t know how I missed this thread for almost a month! Glad to read the positive updates, and prayers up for the little guy!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great report Rick....very happy to see that he is doing so well!!!

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X