Question about hearing aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about hearing aids

I have always had bad hearing, but I have never worn hearing aids. Today I went and got my hearing check done and my hearing came back moderate to sever hearing loss. Which is no shock to me. Anyways I gave up turkey hunting because I could never hear the turkeys till it was to late to set up on them. Now I am wondering when I get the hearing aids in will they help me at all in turkey hunting or am I just wishful thinking?

Heck yes they will. Today's hearing aids are amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes, and you will hear so many other things that you're not accustomed to hearing.

Comment

I have a huntin buddy that sells audibel in Lufkin pm if you want his info

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          I have a huntin buddy that sells audibel in Lufkin pm if you want his info

Thanks for the offer but I ordered some earlier today. They are suppose to be here Thursday or Friday.

Comment

Which brand did you go with and what did they run $$$

Comment

Originally posted by erniej View Post
              Which brand did you go with and what did they run $$$
              I got the Rexton Inox they are just the basic in canal hearing aids. Both together were $1578.

Comment

I had forgotten so may sounds I used to hear, till I got my hearing aids. What was funny is, the first time I put them in. I went out side and sat in the back yard. I didn't realize there were so many birds so close. And so many sounds where I live. Then there were two sounds I had trouble identifying. I got one figured out. It was some cicada in some near by trees. The second one really threw me for a loop. I was totally baffled! Then I realized it was my neighbor's air conditioner running.

Ya, they will probably help ya.

I can also now hear deer coming through the woods, rather than waiting for them to already be in bow range when I see them. And yes, you should be able to hear turkeys again. Even some of the people kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                  I got the Rexton Inox they are just the basic in canal hearing aids. Both together were $1578.
                  Are they tuned for your hearing loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Are they tuned for your hearing loss?
                    Yes sir, he said he would be tuning them for me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone I don't really know what to truly expect. The main thing for me is to be able to enjoy conversations with everyone. I am tire of saying what, and asking people to repeat things to me. Which usually means I get a scorned or putout look from people. I will be happy just with hearing everyone better. Now if I can hear turkey and deer coming in while hunting I will be ecstatic. The only turkey I ever shot was one that wondered through during a deer hunt a while back with my bow. To be able to hear and work one in would be amazing to me.

Comment

I started with the Rexton as well. Didn't have great luck with them. The left one had to be sent back multiple times. The right has never been a problem though. Like Texas Grown said, you will have to learn what every thing sounds like again.

You will be able to even under stand your wife better too. So not all good.

Comment

They will feel awkward at first. Give your brain time to adjust. If tuned properly they will be great and it will sound like silence when you take them off at night. I got the size 13. Lot longer battery life.

Comment

Been wearing them for years until I lost them during deer season. Too many guns and too many commercial fireworks going off close to me without proper protection. First set was $4000 for the pair, going in at 3 this afternoon to see what I need as far as new ones.

They will make a world of difference.

Comment

I hate mine except in quiet places even the blinker drives me nuts. Been wearing hearing aids for 6 years now and I still can't get used to them.

Comment

How do they affect tinidous? Worse than not being able to hear what I want to is the constant ringing that is always there.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X