NASCAR for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASCAR for sale?

I hope so, hopefully a new buyer can get this ship turned around http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/...-nascar-update

Selling stock in stock car racing.... hmmm....

Comment

Good. I would love to see actual stock cars racing. Might give Ford a reason to keep producing cars in America then.

Get a handful of Hellcat's racing around the track, see what that Charger can do.

Comment

No amount of money or any other factors are going to help nascar in my opinion. I think the decline in ratings, attendance, etc is solely due to a generation or two of fans have lost their favorite driver(s) over the last several years. It’s going to take a millennial effort to get new fans...no pun intended. [emoji41]

Skinny

Comment

How to fix Nascar:

Step 1: fire everyone in Nascar named Brian France.
          Step 2: go back to points system used in 2005.
          Step 3: give personality implants to half the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            No amount of money or any other factors are going to help nascar in my opinion. I think the decline in ratings, attendance, etc is solely due to a generation or two of fans have lost their favorite driver(s) over the last several years. It’s going to take a millennial effort to get new fans...no pun intended. [emoji41]

Skinny
            That and Nascar has screwed itself with all their rules. They took the fun out of it. And like it or not their historic core audience isn't impressed by the new push for inclusiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
              How to fix Nascar:

I think it's more allowing the drivers to actually show their personality. Sure, every time they talk it's the same canned response or interview. It's not them. It's Nascar holding them back.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                How to fix Nascar:

Big 10-4 on #1 @ 2, 3 there are some good personalities they're just with cr@p teams and nascar seem to muzzle drivers now as well. Its a dumpster fire at most tracks now, I couldn't believe how bad the attendance was at TMS this year.
                Last edited by bossbowman; 05-08-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post

Skinny
                  F1 has this locked down

Comment

Let them race instead of just making left turns. Ever since Dale Earnhardt died they have taken the racing out of it. These drivers know it’s a dangerous sport and that they might lose there life at anytime their on the track. Let them go back to bumping and pushing racing 3 wide in the turns. Do that and the fans will come back.

Comment

They need some rednecks with personality driving them cars and get rid of the COT deal.

Comment

NASCAR is in a bad spot right now and they know it. Ratings aren’t good and attendance is terrible and at all time low. And because of that companies are walking away from the sport leaving teams scrambling to find sponsors that will pay. The companies that are sponsoring aren’t paying what they did ten years ago. A lot of the veteran drivers that I have watched over the years are gone. However there are a lot of very talented drivers coming up in the sport. There are only a few elite teams left. The folks that are trying to get into the sport just don’t have the money to have elite gear. A lot of things need to change. I hope change happens soon it’s a great sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          F1 has this locked down
                          You've got that right, millenials don't like ovals racing period, rather they really don't understand it. There is a talent in it, go to any dirt track friday night and you can see that.

Comment

They should just go full "pro-wrestling" style, and better script the on and off track drama! Maybe stage a cheating scandal, where a team has a car that can dispense nails, or what not! Have team owners that get upset and drive their personal cars onto the track to disrupt their driver's competitors! I might watch it then.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              You've got that right, millenials don't like ovals racing period, rather they really don't understand it. There is a talent in it, go to any dirt track friday night and you can see that.
                              I love some good dirt track racing!

Comment

Working...
                              X