Fredericksburg Getaways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
    Per the suggestion from another TBH brother, Lovie and I stayed in the Czech cabin at the Bed and Breakfast on Knopp School Rd.
    It was more than I could have ever expected. The cabin's front door is positioned SW viewing the pasture of the neighboring property, where you watch the local does feeding.
    Cabin itself was very cozy and there is a concrete wall eight foot tall for a very intimate setting where a hot tub is located.

My favorite place to east was Clear river and Auslander. Java ranch was good for breakfast and coffee.
    Nailed the description of where we have stayed several times!

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      For my honeymoon we did this bed and breakfast and loved it.

outside and in nature but close to town.
      Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      This!
      Per the suggestion from another TBH brother, Lovie and I stayed in the Czech cabin at the Bed and Breakfast on Knopp School Rd.
      It was more than I could have ever expected. The cabin's front door is positioned SW viewing the pasture of the neighboring property, where you watch the local does feeding.
      Cabin itself was very cozy and there is a concrete wall eight foot tall for a very intimate setting where a hot tub is located.

My favorite place to east was Clear river and Auslander. Java ranch was good for breakfast and coffee.

I'll quadruple the BNB on Knopp School Road. Disclaimer: PJ sold her BNB last year and another couple/company owns it now. I haven't been since the ownership change. Czech Cabin is the best. Very comfortable, relaxing and quiet. Plenty of wildlife to watch and large oak tree's to relax under and enjoy some adult beverages with meats, cheeses and chocolate from Chocolat.

Edit...it's a little more pricey than others but well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        I'll quadruple the BNB on Knopp School Road. Disclaimer: PJ sold her BNB last year and another couple/company owns it now. I haven't been since the ownership change. Czech Cabin is the best. Very comfortable, relaxing and quiet. Plenty of wildlife to watch and large oak tree's to relax under and enjoy some adult beverages with meats, cheeses and chocolate from Chocolat.
        PJ told us when we visited that she just sold it. Like you I have not been back since, but planning it.
        We had to go in town and obtain the keys from a management company down by What-A-Burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
          Settler's Crossing

http://settlerscrossing.com/
          This

Comment

The wife and I stayed here and loved it. Cotton Gin Village

Comment

PJ told us when we visited that she just sold it. Like you I have not been back since, but planning it.
              We had to go in town and obtain the keys from a management company down by What-A-Burger.
              I really enjoyed that place and the personal touch PJ gave it. On our last visit, we sat outside with her and Dale and ate and drank till 2 am.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                The wife and I stayed here and loved it. Cotton Gin Village
                My wife and I recently stayed at the Big Rock Ranch B&B and loved it. It was about 6 miles out Hwy 16, so it was very secluded but a quick drive into town. We ate one night at the Cotton Gin and thought that place was really neat. However, we thought it would be better if we had a group of friends for a weekend, and each couple had their own cabin.

Comment

Since PJ sold it there is NO breakfast at the cabin, but they do give you plenty of discounts on restaurants in town, but that will cost you in gas and still no free breakfast at the cabin. There was a way that PJ did that they will never offer, but I love the remoteness, the scenery, the private hot tub and such. They are also quiet a bit more expensive than PJ had it and without the breakfast that PJ did, not sure it is worth the extra dinero. You could not beat what PJ did.

In all honesty, I am not sure (I still love the place) that I would call it a B&B since there is no breakfast there at the cabin.

Comment

We go to Frederiscksburg every year for our anniversary. We stay in new places each time, typically 10-30 mins outside of town so we can see deer. Check out 'Absolute Charm' as they work with many B&B's in the city. I highly recommend it! Bring your wallet with you...

Comment

Since PJ sold it there is NO breakfast at the cabin, but they do give you plenty of discounts on restaurants in town, but that will cost you in gas and still no free breakfast at the cabin. There was a way that PJ did that they will never offer, but I love the remoteness, the scenery, the private hot tub and such. They are also quiet a bit more expensive than PJ had it and without the breakfast that PJ did, not sure it is worth the extra dinero. You could not beat what PJ did.

In all honesty, I am not sure (I still love the place) that I would call it a B&B since there is no breakfast there at the cabin.
                      I guess it's just a bed then. Did they do away with the multiple day discount as well? Plus, once you've had PJ's Orange Juice, all other OJ is terrible.

Comment

That is sad, those German Pastries that she placed in the cabin were to die for.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          I guess it's just a bed then. Did they do away with the multiple day discount as well? Plus, once you've had PJ's Orange Juice, all other OJ is terrible.
                          Not sure, but I think so. Had family that stayed there also and they are looking for another place due to the price increase and the lack of it being a true B&B!

It is still a great place and hard to leave, but without PJ we may do it the next time we get ready to go to Fredericksburg.

Comment

Wherever you stay (my wife and I stayed in a Villa in town), slow life down a little bit and head out to Pedernales Cellars. Great back porch, views, and speed of life. We got a bottle, sat under the trees and watch time slow down before our eyes.

Either way, enjoy the time and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X