need help on fixing over spined arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I have some arrows that are a bit over spined. I would like to add some weight up front to weaken the spine. Any diy tricks to add a little weight.

Shoot a heavier broadhead--

Comment

I probably need to clarify I bought all the broad heads I'm going to buy. I bought 3 packs of the drt.

Comment

Go get you some Allen head 8/32 screws. Chuck them into a drill. Rotate them over a grinding wheel till head will fit in shaft. Then get a allen and spot weld to any type of rod. That will fit. Now the easiest way. Is buy the weights from 10, 20, or 50 gn. And buy the allen already done for around $10. And your done. If your shooting a standard .245 Id shaft. All of this can be got by or for gold tip

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Go get you some Allen head 8/32 screws. Chuck them into a drill. Rotate them over a grinding wheel till head will fit in shaft. Then get a allen and spot weld to any type of rod. That will fit. Now the easiest way. Is buy the weights from 10, 20, or 50 gn. And buy the allen already done for around $10. And your done. If your shooting a standard .245 Id shaft. All of this can be got by or for gold tip
          That will work great provided he has threaded inserts that will accept back weights. If not, you will need to remove the existing inserts and replace them with weighted inserts or threaded inserts that you can add weight to.

Comment

Enewman and Bowhntntxn have both helped me tons!!

Here's a question.

How do outserts work?
            Would that help him?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              Enewman and Bowhntntxn have both helped me tons!!

Here's a question.

How do outserts work?
              Would that help him?
              If he could get outserts for his arrows. It would be away to add more weight. I'm not a fan of outserts. He would be better to just add weight to the back of his inserts if possible or knock them out and install brass inserts. I don't know what arrow he is shooting.

To the op. Why do you think there over spined. If your bow is tuned you can shoot a stiff as crap arrow.
              If a bow is tuned. And the arrows are tuned. And the tip weight is not over powering the spine of that arrow. You should be able to shoot just about any spine in any bow. Up to a point.
              Meaning if your bow by the chart says you need a 400 spine. You still should be able to shoot a 300 spine with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                OK I have some arrows that are a bit over spined. I would like to add some weight up front to weaken the spine. Any diy tricks to add a little weight.

What's the specs? Why do touching you are over spined?

Comment

I'm enjoying the read here over my head but I think it's good.

How did you figure out you are over spined?

I've never gotten very deep in the technical part of archery...hence my shallow learning curve.

Comment

Ok guys I've been shooting these arrows for a while and noticed when I get back a ways around 60 yards I can see they don't fly true. I decided to shoot it into paper and my suspicions were real. It looked like I threw a machete at the paper. Nock right and point little low left. Typical over spined arrow. Shooting a pse bowmadness at 28.5" at 62 lbs. with gold tip nuge 75-95 (which I think are 300)at 29 3/8" long. I tried with a 125 grain tip a little better but I didn't feel comfortable moving the rest out anymore. And granted I was shooting tight groups with this arrow combo up to 40.

Next went on the 125 grain tip it helped some but still not happy.

I then made this post..... But decided just to buy new arrows. Went with goldtip hunters 340 spine @29.5" made a quick rest adjustment and bam boys problem solved. Like they say when u have a problem throw money at it then you'll be happy lol.

Top left is 4 feet top right is 10 feet bottom is 15 feet... Now my OCD can rest.

Comment

It rotated my top pics for some reason

Comment

Probably the easiest and best solution.

Comment

With the gold tips you can pull the knocks if you haven't glued them in and they make a little weight that screws into the back of the insert. the pro shop here has done this for me and they use a long screwdriver made from a piece of cold rolled steel. I know you already bought new shafts but you might can still use your old ones.

Comment

One thing that most do not realize on paper tuning a bow is:

If your form, hand position and torque on the bow is not the same each and every time, then you can get some false readings shooting through paper.

Comment

Buy some 5575 that will fix all of your problems

Comment

Working...
                              X