mt. lion alert! wimberley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Just because someone is a GW does not make them the repository of all things wild. Just because someone is a Constable does not make them ignorant of wild things either.

Last, but not least, just because YOU haven't seen one doesn't mean they aren't there.
    You forgot: Just because you (or a trustworthy person) think(s) you saw one doesn't mean you(they) did.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Just because someone is a GW does not make them the repository of all things wild. Just because someone is a Constable does not make them ignorant of wild things either.

Last, but not least, just because YOU haven't seen one doesn't mean they aren't there.
      ^^^bingo^^^

I am out in Val Verde county and out in the "brush" many hours per day. I have yet to see one in person. We see pics out here at least a couple times a month. They are out here and in decent numbers. Not sure why some people just assume that if you haven't seen a cat that cats aren't around. We are not talking about Bigfoot here folks
      Last edited by Pedernal; 03-01-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        This is too funny. Makes me think of my home county of Bastrop.

According to my contact at TPWD, there has never been a confirmed mountain lion in Bastrop Co, but talking to the residents here you would think there was 1 under every tree. Even my best friend claims he saw one while hunting, and got everyone all excited in the area. But as I dug deeper, the cat he saw was very late in the evening and was for a split second. He was 95% sure it was a lion...lol.

Too many people try to make it something it is not.
        Bastrop is not Western mountain lion terrain, Wimberley is. Yes the east Texas sightings are farcical on most occasions. Mountain Lions live in SW Texas. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Bastrop is not Western mountain lion terrain, Wimberley is. Yes the east Texas sightings are farcical on most occasions. Mountain Lions live in SW Texas. Fact.
          Not disputing any of that lol

Just according to most, the whole state is covered in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
            That was easy

Travis County (Austin) isn't highlighted but I know a man who killed one in his backyard in Long Canyon a long time ago.

There were three killed in 18 months on my Uncles ranch in Edwards County.

Comment

Texas has a bunch of lions. Don't know why it's that big of a shock. We have them in Oklahoma & I saw one last season while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                I know Ray Helm personally if he says its a cat then its a cat. I live a few miles from Blue Hole and hike the trails every weekend with my dogs. There are all kinds of game back there for a cat to harvest. Talked to the game warden years ago and he told me that there are big cats all up and down the Blanco River.
                Sure he wasn't talking about the fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Not disputing any of that lol

Just according to most, the whole state is covered in them.
                  Yeah, it's comical.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                    I don't know anything about this photo other than a friend saw it on FB.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                    haha...that one just won't die. Love the seriousness in that FB post!
                    Wait till you see the uncropped version of that picture.

Comment

I've never seen a wild one anywhere... much less Texas. Still don't understand why it's so hard to believe they're around. It's not sasquatch.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                        Dale are you kidding me? Every part of rural tx? When is the last time there was a game cam pic or any sign of a lion in east tx in recent years?
                        My folks bought a piece of property in Shelby county near Pinkston. One of the neighbors we have become friends with has multiple pictures of a big cat from his place, which is about 3/4 mile from my family's place. I have seen the pictures, the area the pictures were taken, and heard first hand accounts from him of seeing it with his own two eyes. This is not some joke. It is the real deal. He is a 80+ year old gentleman that has been there his whole life. Said he doesn't get pics of it every year, but that he has gotten pictures over the course of the last 5-6 years. He also told stories of cats from previous years being sighted before he began using trail cameras. I have seen the chronological pics from when the cat was younger to the most recent pic(attached) from deer season 2 or 3 years back when the cat appears to be VERY HEALTHY to say the least. Feel free to be skeptical and discredit all you want. They are in ETX. If you don't believe it, doesn't bother me one bit. I saw all the proof I needed in his shop hanging on the wall in picture frames that he printed and hung there, with his property in the background of the photos. He is not some guy that gets his kicks from spoofing people by photo-shopping cats into pictures to trick people. This particular photo is close to the lake. That is me sitting on my 4 wheeler in his yard holding the framed photo. I just hope this particular cat has enough deer to eat and doesn't start eating deer hunters.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Some of y'all must be confusing mountain lion with black panther.......or you have never been to Wimberley. It isn't Houston or Dallas......or Tyler.
                          That’s I’m thinking. Take a drive around the Jacobs well area and tell me that’s not good cat habitat.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                            That was easy

I bet those sightings are legit.... I'm running a trail camera in my backyard now..

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              Yep!...The pics I had were from the area behind St. Stephens, off 3237.
                              I saw one off FM 150, near Driftwood back around 2006. They're definitely around.

Comment

A lot of people have mt lions close to them and will never even know it! They are very reclusive and stay out of sight most of the time and cover a lot of country! The best indicators of a cat in your area is the finding of a deer kill and or tracks!

If you find a kill that has been covered up with grass and small limbs, then you have a cat! (bobcat or mt lion)

Comment

Working...
                                X