Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding Ticket....Pay or Defensive Driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding Ticket....Pay or Defensive Driving?

TBH Braintrust..........Should I just pay the ticket and be done with it or take the class? What happens in either scenario?
    I would prefer just to pay since my time is limited.......especially during bow season! I do realize I can take it at home or go to a class.
    Details:
    City of Rusk, Texas:
    Posted: 40 mph
    Clocked: 63 mph
    Oh, I was driving home late night from the Hagerman trip when I got it.

See if they will do deferred adjudication! (sp) you still have to pay...If they will it is most likely 90 days probation as long as you don't get another ticket in their city!

Comment

Taking defensive driving will be almost as expensive as the ticket. It won't go on your record though.

Comment

Yep deffered adjudacation, or www.deffensivedriving.com It doesn't take that long.

que the "do the crime, pay the fine" crowd.....

Comment

I had a ticket for $356.00 I chose to do the defensive driving and ticket the came down to $140.00. The defred judification was going to be more money. That was going to be around $200 for me to pay. I chose the lesser amount and to not have it show up on my driving record. The defered judification will not show up on your driving record if you don't get another ticket with the specified time but if you get another ticket you will have both show up on your record.

bjohn

Comment

I was going to take DD, but when I went and seen the county clerk here in Montgomery county, she said if you take DD, the ticket is still on your record but it shows that you took DD for it. She said go before the judge and ask for Deferred Adjudication and get 90 days probation. If you don't get another ticket in the time span, your record will be clean of it.

Comment

I got my first speeding ticket of my 23 years of driving in oct. heading to the lease. I paid the 164.00 "71 in a 55 " asked the judge for deferred adj., and as long as I did not get a ticket within 30 days from the day I made the payment, it would not go on my record. The town was Patton Vvilliage, TX or as I like to refer to it.... Speed Trap ,TX. Hope this helps.

Comment

I took the class and had the ticket dismissed. My .02

Comment

Just take defensive driving. You can even do it on-line now. The ticket will be taken off your record and it should not affect your insurance rates. FYI, there are many drivers on the road who probably could learn a few things from that class. It's not a complete waste of time as some people seem to think .

Comment

Lrover.....Call it a Driving Award...sounds much cooler.....
                    As to your question....Its been 10-15 years since I had one...I got one, signed up for DD. Never took the class. On the last day that I had to turn in my completion certificate, I just paid the ticket.....A few months later I checked my driving record, It was clean.....I did the same thing a couple more times and never had them show up on my record......Things may have changed by now though......Sign up for DD, hire someone to take the course for you

Comment

U guys are Super Stars......thanks for all the information!!!
                      I just called and learned the Deferred Adjudication is $97 plus a copy of D.L. and insurance. If no ticket in the state of Texas in 90 days then I pay the rest of the total fine of $135 for a GRAND TOTAL of $235!
                      Any thoughts on this is also welcomed. She also offered Defensive Driving ($107) with 90 days to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        U guys are Super Stars......thanks for all the information!!!
                        I just called and learned the Deferred Adjudication is $97 plus a copy of D.L. and insurance. If no ticket in the state of Texas in 90 days then I pay the rest of the total fine of $135 for a GRAND TOTAL of $235!
                        Any thoughts on this is also welcomed. She also offered Defensive Driving ($107) with 90 days to complete.
                        Deferred Adjudication, should only apply to the city or town from which you recieved the ticket! Was it county, city or DPS?

Comment

dd sucks.

but go to the class ... dont do the video rental one ( I did my last one like that ) its terrible.

The class is better... They take the same amount of time ... you cant cheat the video.

At least in the class you see hot chicks

I would pay the extra fro DA just to not do either.
                          ( I was told (here in San Antonio ) I could not do DA until im 25 on my last two tickets )

If you do the class or the video do them now... they make a killing on a "rush on your certificate " which they know everyone last minutes

I average one ticket a year (almost down to the day that Im allowed to complete another DD to keep it off my record )

I would not just pay it though ... Police officers tend to give me a break because I have a clean record plus your insurance will go up
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

You get a small discount on your insurance if you take DD!! Do the internet version!!

Isn't it called deferred disposition now??? Whatever that means!!

Comment

defer and defend till they lock you up man, no fear!

Comment

Working...
                              X